You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
We are Tribology and surface science group within ASML Design & Engineering. We deliver tribology and surface science expertise to enable robust wafer clamping solutions and scanner roadmap. We continue building/securing tribology and surface science knowledge by linking various business partners, external knowledge centers and academic partners.
Role and responsibilities
You will actively help the D&E projects with their challenges in the field of tribology and with expanding ASML's tribology competence as a whole. Your main responsibilities can include:
- Performing investigations for the project in the field of tribology (testing, calculations, data analysis).
- Creation and validation of new concepts with a goal to improve ASML product performance.
- Advice design engineers on material choices to fulfil tribology contact requirements.
- Support senior experts with hands on testing and analysis work.
Education and experience
Technical University PhD/Master (with 3-7 years of experience) in Physics, Chemistry or Mechanical/Materials Engineering with expertise in tribology and surface interactions. Knowledge or working experience in field of:
- Friction mechanisms (micro, nanoscale).
- Nanoscale wear mechanisms.
- Knowledge of tribometers, nanoindenters, other surface mechanical tooling.
- Surface characterization and
- Friction phenomena in mechanical systems.
- MATLAB knowledge (is a must).
- Finite element method (FEM)preferred.
- Failure modes & analysis.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Open to learning techniquesoutside of the above mentioned fields in the future.
- Open to fast paced projectswith ability to adapt with fast changing priorities.
- Autonomous ownership, but teamplayer at project level.
- Inquisitive and can domentality.
- Able to communicate effectivelyacross disciplines and at all organizational levels.
- Fluency in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords:tribology, friction, wear, mechanical, materials, surface characterization, lubrication, modelling, Matlab.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.