You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
BPM Process Consultant
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Context of the position
The BPM team is the owner of the manage business process capability and as such is responsible for supporting business process owners in designing, managing and improving their business processes so that business objectives can be achieved in an effective and efficient manner across Sectors.
One of the sectors that the BPM team supports, is Business Performance Improvement (BPI). This sector supports ASML in improving its cross-sectoral non-product related processes to help it deal with growth in scope, volume and complexity and to bring value to our employees and customers alike.
Outside BPI, the BPM team also supports various other strategic breakthrough programs, that enable both functional Sectors and product Business Lines to improve their way of working and to increase quality levels to create customer trust. Since its recent move back to Global Quality, the BPM team is starting to play its role in helping ASML adopt a Quality First mindset, by addressing quality issues from an end-to-end perspective and coming up with sustainable solutions.
To help ASML achieve the full business benefits of BPM, it is essential that the ARIS BPM application can be easily found and used by all ASML employees, from Global Process Owners to newly hired engineers who want to find work instructions that explain in simple day to day language how things are done at ASML. Our motto is: “Three clicks does it all”. Achieving this motto requires a significant step-up in the current configuration of ARIS, as well as ongoing improvements going forward.
As a Process Consultant within the Global ASML Business Process Management (BPM) team you will support ASMLBusiness Process Owners (BPO’s) in designing, managing and improving their End to End processes based on the ASML BPM approach. In doing so, you will act as a Change ambassador for both BPM and End to End process thinking.
You will plan, run and report-out on process (re)design workshops using the Process Excellence (PEX) Methodology, for process (re)design projects This requires close collaboration and active stakeholder management of BPO’s and Business Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and Discipline Leads in areas such as Global Quality, Risk & Business Advisory and the Chief Data Office.
Given that both process ownership and process maturity levels vary across the organization, you will be required to tailor the PEX methodology to your projects to ensure the approach agreed with your key stakeholders meets business requirements as well as the required quality standards.
You will work closely with the other BPM team members, i.e. Process Architects, Process Consultants, Process Modelers, Project Management and the ARIS Backoffice team to ensure the processes designed fit within the ASML Business Process Framework and are documented and maintained properly in ARIS.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver process (re)design projects within agreed scope and time based on the PEX methodology
- Prepare, conduct, facilitate and report out on process (re)design workshops
- Pro-actively engage and partner with project stakeholders (BPO’s & SME’s) to ensure ownership and business relevance
- Ensure timely and proper involvement of relevant Discipline Leads in process (re)design projects, such as Global Quality, Risk & Business Advisory and the Chief Data Office.
- Ensure timely and proper involvement of BPM Process Architects, Process Modelers and the BPM Backoffice in process (re)design projects
- Ensure process owner sign-off and quality assurance of the agreed project deliverables via the Process Review Board
Education and experience
- Master degree (preferably in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering)
- 5 to 10 years of process design and improvement experience, preferably as an internal or external consultant
within a corporate environment
- Experience with ARIS business process analysis & management software desirable
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Hands on, can do mentality
- Able to deal with fast changing environment and scope
- Conceptual thinking, problem solving and constructive challenging abilities
- Strong Project Management, Facilitation, Communication & Stakeholder Management skills
- Team player
- Able to live the ASML core values: Collaborate, Challenge & Care
- Fluent in English (essential) and Dutch (desirable)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.