You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Manager Mechatronics Development
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you take the lead in driving complex mechatronic systems projects to a successful delivery? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechatronics, mechanics, thermal, electronics and software professionals? To lead the design and improvement projects of our modules in co-operation with one of our key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you.
As project manager you will manage a group of highly professional engineers with academic backgrounds and many years’ experience in the industry. You and your team take responsibility for the development of mechatronic systems, consisting of hardware (mechanics, electronics) and (embedded) software for ASML’s lithographic products. You are driving the project team internal at ASML and towards the supplier, from specification through system integration and towards release for volume.
Role and responsibilities
As project manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of a mechatronic system or function in our product, on time, within budget and with the agreed quality. Multiple technical disciplines work in your project in a concurrent engineering way.You are responsible for making the technology choices, the specification, design, integration and qualification of mechatronic systems within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team and participate in reviewing designs. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance.
- Create and maintain project plans and proactively drive project realization.
- Manage the delivery of specifications, designs, prototypes and testplans in your team (30-100 people) that meet the requirements of the ASML development program.
- Review technical proposals, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks and issues in your project.
- Work with team-leaders from mechanical, electronic and software development who take operational responsibility within your project.
- Work intensively with externalco-developers and external manufacturing facilities to ensure timely delivery of prototypes and a smooth transition to volume production.
- Interaction with other project leaders on technical content and with group leaders on allocation of people to your project.
Education and experience
As project manager mechatronics development you’ll need:
- Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Physics.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in project management of complex technical projects cooperating with technical professionals.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in developing, integrating, testing and realization of volume production for complex multidisciplinary products, preferably high tech production equipment.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in one or more of the following disciplines: mechatronics, mechanics or electronics.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and a good communicator, ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Lead and work with a multidisciplinary team, give direction and motivate
Convince others of your ideas.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The department Mechatronics Systems Development within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into ASML end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements.Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.
Please know that several of our mechatronic development groups are expanding so this is a pipeline vacancy for the whole department. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing or upcoming positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity, which might take longer than screening process for regular vacancies.
Some of our positions might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.