You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you an experienced tax manager with the ambition and ability to act as a professional business partner in a highly demanding and very busy high-technology environment?
Currently the ASML Corporate Tax & Customs Team (T&C) includestax professionals residing in the Netherlands based HQ (24), the regional offices in Asia (13) and the US (7). ASML’s T&C Team is responsible for the fiscal and customs affairs in all jurisdictions where ASML operates.
ASML organization is based on a flat organization model and X-sector approach for addressing business challenges and allows T&C team to closely interact with the company operations, provide guidance to the business and manage tax risks according to the Global T&C Strategy. The T&C team has successfully worked on enhancing the relationship with the local tax authorities to resolve tax issues prior to filing. New developments such as Pillar II, BEFIT and DEBRA are closely monitored and acted upon when needed. Headquarters group is responsible for coordinating and managing all Dutch and EMEA tax matters. The EMEA region includes EU jurisdictions and Israel.
This position will report to the Head of Tax NL/EMEA and will be one of six team members who are jointly responsible for NL and EMEA tax matters. The job will require internal interfaces with all ASML departments and Senior Management and external interfaces with outside consultants, tax authorities and other (governmental) institutions.
When being part of T&C team, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to operate and do what is good for the ASML group!
Role and responsibilities
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support and execute the global tax strategy of the ASML group of companies; contribute and ensure adherence to the regional tax strategy, seamlessly connecting to the Global Tax Strategy
- Provide efficient tax advice to senior management based on expected future developments, including advice on cross border transactions and merger and acquisitions.
- Participate in cross-sector projects as representative of the NL/EMEA Tax Team.
- Ensure the management of various regional tax projects and outside consultants.
- Advice on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and other taxes.
- Participate in the quarterly tax accounting process (US GAAP Tax Provision).
- Review group structure and investments in light of changing tax legislations (e.g. BEPS) and upcoming local legislation changes.
- Work with ASML internal tax specialists groups such as transfer pricing, indirect taxes and wage tax.
Education and experience
- Academic Dutch Tax Law or Economic Tax degree with keen interest in developing and maintaining tax technical knowledge.
- 8 years experience in international tax arena preferably as an inhouse tax counsel or within a Big 4 consultancy or similar.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexibility, pro-active, and communicative personality
- Hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style.
- Strategic mindset while having the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives (short, medium, and long-term).
- Ability to function well within a multicultural, dynamic, and changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into simple problem statements, clear processes, and actions.
- Good time management skills and ability to manage towards tight deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with (implementing) tax automation solutions is considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
ASML’s Corporate Tax & Customs Team (T&C) reports to the Finance Organization, where T&C is part of the Expert & Advisory area. Together with Treasury, Accounting and Legal, T&C team will provide integrated advice to the ASML business and stakeholders.
This is a permanent full-time position. A 32 hours contract can be discussed.
ASML does support work from home, however minimum attendance at Veldhoven-offices will be required (3 days a week).
Are you interested in this role? Please apply with your CV and cover letter, detailing your motivation for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.