You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS - SBD Senior Capability Expert - Hsinchu
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Our department covers worldwide functional support (24x5hr) for all off-scanner Applications and Infrastructure. There are used by the Customer Support (CS) work force while performing their job in serving our Customer needs. Our mission is to facilitate and improve the productivity of the users of the before mentioned applications and infrastructure in order to meet ASML’s obligations.
We are located in Asia, US and Europe. We work together by means of knowledge bases (Wiki), key users, a call management system, and work instructions. We maintain close relationships with the key user organizations, internal suppliers and project organizations to drive the sustainability and availability of CS used off-system applications (e.g. Coach, Maintenance Manager) and technical infrastructure (e.g. BRES, EPS), and will offer CS users functional support, process escalations, and will drive issues to closure, freeing the CS engineer to perform the invaluable task of pleasing our customers.
Role and responsibilities
As a Senior Infra Support Engineer AS you are the point of contact for the ASML Customer Support application/infra user community (when the knowledge base and key users cannot support them). While continuously expanding your general knowledge and expertise on our total support portfolio, you either resolve issues immediately or you escalate to an expert within our team or to other service providers or to other product owner. In addition, you will also be responsible to execute one or more expert and BAM-Business Application Owner roles
Your main responsibilities are to drive/coordinate end customers(TSMC, Samsung, SKhynix, Micron and Intel) process/project discussion of infrastructure/security topics, to maintain end customer relationship, to lead technical project progress with various sectors in continentals(Europe, USA and Asia), to ensure the support calls are picked up and handled to the satisfaction of our end-users and within given KPI’s, to manage the knowledge bases updated, to arrange resources and participate in user acceptance tests and to administrate escalations in our call management system/customer requirements. Working hours need to fit the time window for which the AS team is responsible. To cover our support responsibilities, participation in a ‘standby’ duty schedule might be part of the job.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as a Senior Infrastructure Support Specialist, you …
· Manage(identify) end customer requirements of process/technical topics
· Answer questions of CS engineers;
· Prioritize, diagnose, solve and/or escalate issues;
· Follow up with D&E, IT, Marketing, account team and CS managers to ensure that requirements/issues have been resolved;
· Interface with application owner, service manager and service providers (e.g. IT, development)
· Develop strategical proposal to administrate call progress in our call management system;
· Align with product manager, project manager, account manager and marketing through a series of actions (mainly by email/telephone/Skype/conference/workshop);
· Support the roll-out of new/changed applications;
· Establish a good working relationship with local CS management and end customers (especially within your continent);
· Train users;
· Execute functional maintenance tasks;
· Document internal procedures and work instructions;
· Participate in the emergency phone system duty schedule;
· Will perform the needed travel for training (giving/receiving), aligning, executing work at local office or customers premises.
Within the scope of our team responsibility, as a BAM, Business Application Manager role, in addition to the above, you …
· Gather CS requirements (that are input for the CS roadmaps and projects);
· Align with CS local offices and local CS management, including making arrangements on beta-testing (e.g. User Acceptance Tests);
· Test and roll-out improvements;
· Participate in projects that develop new and/or affect existing functionality. Your primary responsibility is to drive project progress, to provide the knowledge on the CS way of working and the functional support needs such that the project results will seamlessness integrate with the needs of the users. Your input will safeguard our team requirements with respect to serviceability and maintainability of the application/infrastructure.
Education and experience
Position requires a Master degree or Doctor degree in an information management, information technology, engineering field or equivalent experience. Analytical trouble shooting abilities.
6 years or more experience working in project management or an application support in an international setting, preferably in a high tech industry with worldwide coverage. Initiate and offer productive promotion to increase usage by phases in various ideas actively in service field. Knowledge of the ASML way of working in general, semi customer communication management and the CS way of working specifically is of added value to this position.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and written);
· Certified Project management program
· Non mandatory but beneficial to the position, the ability to speak any of the following languages: Mandarin, Korean, Japanese.
· Driven, analytical and a team player;
· Customer focused, service, support and result driven;
· Capable of dealing with a very broad range of (technical) subjects;
· Ability to switch to from ‘firefighting’ to ‘helicopter view’ easily;
· Continuous improvement mindset;
· Able to drive, steer and convince others (influencing without power);
· Able to write clear requirement specifications and application documentation;
· Knowledge of business information systems as used by CS or able obtain that knowledge quickly;
· Able to build strong networks;
· Cultural awareness;
· Ability to quickly master the business context of automation tools;
· Willingness to travel (both foreign and domestic), can be ~25% of the time;
· Flexibility in work hours to secure worldwide coverage / support;
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in their production process.
Position in the Organization
The CS Infrastructure Support Senior Infra Support Engineer AS reports to the Team Leader CS Infrastructure Support AS. Our team is part of the CS Engineering department and we have people located in Veldhoven (HQ and EMEA support), Taiwan (APAC support), and the USA (AMER support).
The CS Infrastructure AS team is located in LinKou, the Taiwan and Hwasung, the Korea
This position will include travel outside LinKou (~25%) e.g. for training, alignment(Internal and external) and roll-out purposes.
Business information systems, software, applications, technical infrastructure, service, requirements, IT, communication, international, service desk.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.