You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Export Control Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines as well as related software products, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
For ASML compliance with laws & regulations is essential. The Legal & Compliance department manages the legal compliance programs including the export control program. The job mission of this Manager Export Controls is to execute and ensure export control compliance while proactively supporting ASML and its business partners in the region. The position is based in San Jose, one of the key sites at ASML.
The Manager Export Controls in San Jose will be a member of the Export Controls team with colleagues located in the US, Asia and The Netherlands. The position reports to the Global Head of Export Control who reports to the Chief Compliance Officer. This position will contribute to the implementation of the global Strategy for Sanction & Export Controls and co-develop supporting policies and procedures.
Key aspects of the role include the following:
Export Control Compliance
The export control team is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures to safeguard compliance with ASML’s Global Sanctions & Export Control Strategy. This includes managing adherence to these policies and procedures, in order to assure compliance with dual-use export control laws and regulations of the jurisdictions to which ASML with its business dealings are subjected to. The job holder will work on the following aspects:
- Maintain and improveInternal Compliance Plans in the region / sites in your area ofresponsibility.The ASML product portfolio contains main softwareproducts, and a key aspect of this role is to support theorganization to ensure compliance with relevant export controlrequirements for software development and distribution.
- Maintain and improve theExport Control Framework, execute and monitor controls necessary toensure compliance.
- Prepare and submit exportlicense applications, ensure timely license reporting and engage with thelicensing authorities where and when necessary.
- Responsible formaintaining licenses in our compliance tools, SAP Global Trade Services(GTS) as well as Oracle.
- Provide guidance tostakeholders on Sanctioned Party List (SPL) and legal control relatedblocks in GTS / Oracle.
- Assess and follow-up onEnd-use Statement requirements with involved stakeholders.
- Stimulate and establishgood working relationships at different levels with relevant departmentswithin ASML by giving trainings and participating in departmental meetingsthat contribute to increasing awareness and compliance.
- Perform periodic riskassessments including reviews of the impact of new regulations.
- Contribute to periodicreporting on export controls to senior management.
- Participating in reviewsof export control related incidents.
In order to be successful key stakeholder management will be important, both externally as well as with the company:
- Together with the team,ensure open and transparent relationships with licensing and otherauthorities in the jurisdictions in which ASML operates. This includesrepresenting ASML in governmental audits.
- Establish a strongrelationship with ASML employees to ensure cooperation and assistance inthe successful implementation of export control related (initiated)projects.
- Provide advice on exportcontrol risks and controls/measures, and if required, will work closelywith external advisors.
- The job holder will reach out, collaborate and advise customers and suppliers on export control topics related to physical and intangible exports, and technology transfer; advise internal and external stakeholders on core issues of export control operations, including ECCN classification, licensing and controls to ensure compliance.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Education and experience
- MS, MA, JDor equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- In-depthknowledge and experience with the U.S. Export Administration Regulations(EAR) required.
- Backgroundin and knowledge of the export control aspects of engineering and softwaredevelopment is key to this position.
- Min. 6 yearsof relevant work experience in Export Controls within a multinationalcorporation.
- Experienceworking in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong drivewith a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style.
- Excellentcommunication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, buildrelationships and influence other functional areas.
- Able to copewith a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment.
- Stronganalytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issuesinto simple problem statements, clear processes and actions.
- Good timemanagement skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines.
- Showownership of issues from start to finalization.
- Eye fordetail.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Thisposition is located on-site in San Jose. Itrequires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainingsand meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.(Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role:i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.). A flexibleworkplace arrangement may be available to work remotely (up to two days aweek).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $138,750- $231,250. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.