You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is a Dutch, innovative high-tech company. ASML is one of the most important manufacturers of machines that are often used in the making of chips. Now, there is a worldwide shortage of chips, which means that technological developments worldwide come to an abrupt halt. The continued production of ASML machines is therefore essential for technological developments.
The Twinscan Factory (TF) is responsible for the production of ASML lithography systems including planning and logistics. A place where we strive to be the role model Lean Factory where quality comes first but where safety goes before all.
Within this sector ASML Motion is responsible for production and qualification of complex, high quality litho-specific linear actuators for the ASML Litho Systems (XT, NXT, NXE, EXE). These systems are built and delivered according to customer requirements, in time and at the right quality. To reach these goals we use the full capability and knowledge of our employees empowering them to excel in their jobs, work as a team and improve every day.
Do you want to be part of our dynamic and innovating working environment and lead a team to further strengthen our manufacturing process? We might be looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
In the role, the task is to lead and inspire a support team within the Engineering – Quality – Support department consisting of different competencies assuring cooperation within Motion and with other ASML relevant departments. You ensure timely delivery against the requested demand and control the production process. You realize the planned objectives in the field of, for example, customer satisfaction, delivery, quality and efficiency/costs. You lead the organizational change by supporting the implementation of the Lean transformation roadmap.Integral research of this task is the initiation/roll-out of structural improvement projects.
- People management, including selection, development, goal setting and performance management. Ensure overall high level of engagement
- Enable self-supporting natural teams (consisting of hierarchical and non-hierarchical engineers)
- Facilitate and stimulate an environment for continuous improvement aiming at raising quality, cost reduction (decrease cycle time, labor hours, asset reduction) and increasing customer satisfaction
- Develop knowledge and experience in the team, through cross training and sharing BKM
- Enables the right level of support for the assembly process of linear actuators on the following competencies:
- FLS (First Line Support): responsible for disturbance resolution in the production process
- Tooling: responsible for Tool Management at Motion (including maintenance, administration, ordering, …)
- CMM (3D measurement qualification): responsible for CMM programming and troubleshoot support on 3D measurement equipment (Zeiss, Mitutoyo)
- Model shop: responsible for (mechanical) tool maintenance, tool repair activities and creation of supportive tooling for LCIA production lines
- Indicates, initiates and drives actions to improve production processes and/or the products
- Main drivers: Safety, Quality, Delivery performance, Customer satisfaction, Cost effectiveness, Inventory and People engagement
Education and experience
Relevant HBO thinking and working level (e.g., Industrial Engineering and Management Science, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Engineering).
- Experience as a team leader
- Experience in production management
- Experience in a complex working environment
- Experience in Lean as a natural team leader
- Experience in improvement projects
- Experience with project management
- Broad technical and business knowledge
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are a team builder with good social skills.
- You are analytical, structured, persistent in acting on available information.
- Able to deal with, or even enjoy, high degree of uncertainty and pressure.
- Able to enthusiasm colleagues about Lean thinking as a business necessity
- Leadership skills, result orientation, acting in a changing environment.
- Good networking skills, able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from team member on the shop floor to senior managers
- Good communicator who can inspire not only the Support team, but also all other disciplines collaborating with Support (Production Engineering, Quality, Production, Production Planning, Cleanroom Logistics, Warehouse).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Full-time position available
- Day shift
- Good working conditions: attractive salary, 8% holiday pay, 13th month, allowances, good pension, 27 vacation days (and 13 ADV days in the day shift)
- Unique and challenging work
- Excellent guidance by experienced colleagues from the profession
- A work environment with an open culture where results are achieved
- Training to upgrade your skills and development opportunities.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.