You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Electronics design component engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Continuous innovation on electronics designs is vital for ASML ambitions as technology leader.
‘Excellent designs are characterized by the right balance between function, quality, cost and logistical performance’.
‘Components choice determine the boundaries of design performance’.
Do these statements match your view on electronics design? Are you challenged by achieving this balance together with architects, designers, suppliers and operational stakeholders? Do you want to make a difference in the future of our electronics design? Join us.
Support realization of the ASML product roadmap by expert knowledge on component technology and market development.
Select and qualify the best off-the-shelf component solutions the market has to offer ASML.
Drive Life Cycle Management of ASML products through active project involvement and up-to-date component information
Role and responsibilities
As a design component engineer yourfocus will be on strategic selection, registration and maintenance ofelectronic catalog components in the ASML design system. In this role, earlyinvolvement and close cooperation with the design teams is essential for asmooth and efficient introduction of new materials. In your job you will bethe linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers andprocurement officers providing guidance and guard the balance betweentechnology, quality, cost and logistics.
- Build and maintainexpertise within the assigned product category.
- Define the componentroadmap for the assigned product category.
- Drive interactionbetween design projects and component engineering team
- Support designers inmaking the best component selections.
- Selection,qualification and introduction of new components in the ASML database.
- Facilitate and guidethe development of customized derivatives of catalog products.
- Guard the dataquality of the components in the database.
- Lead manufacturer rootcause analysis and improvement actions in case of component failures
Education and experience
Bachelor degree or higher inelectrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience.
- More than 5 years in electronics design
- Communication with different stakeholders in a complex technical environment
- Network & commercial contacts in the component industry is a plus
- Specific knowledge in one of the following product categories: active & passive board components, sensors & actuators, connectivity, electromechanics, computer systems is a plus
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE incl. RoHS/REACH, UL, IEC) is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Influencing withoutauthority
- Fluent English inword and in writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within the sector Development &Engineering (D&E), the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) isresponsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronicfunctions and modules. Within EDEV, our group, Component Engineering, isresponsible for the strategy, qualification & Life-Cycle Management ofelectronic off-the-shelf components and assemblies. The group consists of ateam Component Engineering and a team EOL management.
The component engineer will report tothe Team Lead Component Engineering.
Please add your recent complete CV and cover letter to your application for this position.
We cannot process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.