You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Employment Law Expert
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML's Legal & Compliance Department is responsible for defining and implementing ASML’s worldwide legal and compliance strategy and bears the responsibility for all ASML entities worldwide to comply with international laws and regulations, in order to minimize legal risks and to maximize legal and commercial opportunities. The Legal & Compliance Department consists of a team of highly empowered, business oriented lawyers, compliance officers, privacy professionals, paralegals and assistants, working across the globe. ASML’s Legal & Compliance Department is organized in the Legal Business and Centers of Excellence group, the Corporate group (including Employment Law), the Corporate Governance & Secretariat Group, the Compliance group, the Privacy Office, the Legal Operations & Strategy Execution group and Regional groups in Asia and the U.S..
The enormous growth of the number of employees within the company over the last years asks for a stronger presence of labor law knowledge within the organization. Currently we are looking for an Employment Law Expert in the EU Employment Law team. The Employment Expert provides first line support on Employment Law topics for People Services, HR Line and HR Expertise departments. In this position the Employment Law Expert assists in professionalizing the Employment law competence within the HR and Legal & Compliance organization. Thereto the Employment Law Expert acts as a linking pin between Employment Law and HR regarding operational Employment Law matters.
Role and responsibilities
As an Employment Law Expert in the EU Employment Law team, you will be part of the team that is responsible for advising the organization and HR on employment law and related regulatory matters. The Employment Law Expert:
- acts as linking pin between People Services and EU Employment Law regarding operational Employment Law matters: answers operational Employment Law related questions and advises People Services on applying Employment Law processes/policies/templates;
- acts as linking pin between HR line and EU Employment Law: answers Employment Law related questions and explains Employment Law processes and policies, advises HR line in execution of Employment Law processes (e.g. advice on settlement agreements, building up a file) and supports them where necessary (e.g. reviewing settlement agreements and (warning) letters, joining meetings with team leads/managers in PIP cases), gathers signals from HR line relevant for Employment Lawyers;
- answers questions from and advises HR expertise departments (like C&B) on daily execution of policies and processes from an Employment Law perspective, and signals needs for improvement in policies, processes or templates;
- signals needs for improvement of Employment Law related templates and processes towards the Employment Law Compliance Business Partner NL/EU. Pro-active attitude in signaling, generating and sharing ideas for processes, guidelines, policies and templates, and in co-developing and co-implementing these in collaboration with relevant stakeholders (taking into account ‘customer’ needs);
- maintains and updates Employment Law knowledge articles in the People Portal in order to keep the HR organization, and specifically People Services, informed (pro-actively) about (changes in) Employment Law;
- give guidance to Employment Lawyers on HR topics and processes;
- supports in the development and implementation of compliance initiatives for employment law related matters;
- keeps administration of settlement agreements and makes sure legal costs are reimbursed to employees via Accounts Payable, reports this information to relevant parties;
- collects the necessary documents and submit requests to the UWV for compensation of transitional payments paid to employees who are long-term ill and left ASML;
- improves Employment Law knowledge and capabilities within the HR organization, a.o. signal need for and co-facilitate training of (new) HR line members on Employment Law topics;
- strongly collaborates with the Employment Law department in all abovementioned tasks.
Education and experience
University master’s degree and some years of experience in different roles within the ASML HR organization (e.g. HR line, HR expertise, People Services) or an organization similar to that of ASML.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Operational knowledge of (Dutch) labor law
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with ASML and ASML HR processes and policies
- Pro-active, convincing, independent attitude and communication style
- Be critical, give feedback
- Able to show resistance
- Able to coordinate, organize, connect
- Focus on details, deliver high quality work, show responsibility for own tasks and goals, reflect on own work
- Able to signal potential conflicting requests or commitments from other departments, keep Employment Law team aware of own workload, able to monitor progress of own work
- Excellent writing skills in both Dutch and English (knowledge of French and German is a plus). Good verbal communication skills in both Dutch and English, convincing and emphatic, able to listen and to ask clarifying questions
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Employment Law Expert will be based in Veldhoven (NL) and will report to the Head of EU Employment Law.
Are you interested in this role? Please apply with your CV and cover letter, detailing your motivation for this position.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.