You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Operational Planner - Service & Maintenance
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, CA, Wilton, CT., and Hillsboro, OR.
As the Service Event Planner you will create planned service events to maintain and upgrade customers lasers in North America.You will be responsible for ensuring the scope of work, parts availability and event timing align to result in seamless and well executed scanner laser service events.
Role and responsibilities
The Service Event Planner will create, manage and close all service events. This planner will work with local Field Service Engineers, Marketing, Reliability, Spares Inventory Planning and local Logistics Teams to develop tactical plans to ensure parts are available to meet customer need by dates.
- Execution of Synchronized Preventative Maintenance planning in Demantra: Including utilizing the planning tool data to create and service events, review weekly the schedule and status and maintain the planning with the mostly likely service date.
- Determine the scope of work and which parts need to be replaced working closely with the field service engineer.
- Provide post-event review with respect to customer satisfaction, event quality and cost.
- Summarize and communicate to San Diego management any parts shortage and provide clear ultimate need dates.
- Manage the implementation of new products to meet implementation strategy timeline and objectives. Ensure that parts orders and usage is aligned with factory allocation timelines to ensure events opened have parts on-hand for execution.
- Evaluate and solution slow moving and excess inventory.
- Monitor Korea internal factory output and minimize logistics costs between San Diego and Korea allocations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- 3-5+ years of experience in semiconductor fabrication required
- ERP planning experience preferred
- Field Service or production planning experience preferred
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to operate with autonomy to ensure SEP Planning goals, guidelines and systems are in place to support execution of Cymer’s SPM service program.
- Ability to differentiate between “wants” and “needs” and challenge with data.
- Ability to work independently and within a cross functional team of engineers, account managers, logistics and the customer representatives
- Demantra knowledge preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Position must be located onsite at an ASML/Cymer office in San Diego CA, Phoenix AZ, Austin TX or Hillsboro OR.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role within office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel domestic and/or international dependent on business needs – less than 10%.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $63,375 – $105,625/yr. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.