You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Electro-Mechanical Engineer E-Beam Electronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of electro-mechanical solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
Role and responsibilities
As an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electronics concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. You are dedicated to secure the quality of electro-mechanical designs and components under the responsibility of the Applications group. This includes products like connectors, printed circuit boards, boxes or cabinets and racks with electronics and electronic components.
The Sr. Electro-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- 2D and 3D CAD design of various electronics products such as cables, racks, cabinets, boxes with electronics, connection boxes, connection plates, back panels, rear panels and controller PCB’s.
- Generate TPD (technical product documentation) of various products.
- Maintain high quality level by organizing reviews of own work and participating in reviews from other designers.
- Contribute to work breakdown and planning for the various electronics products adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Act as an interface to external suppliers.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years (8+) of experience as engineer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary module design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Previous and recent experience with ASML standards and Ways of Work is highly appreciated, either as a former ASML employee or contractor.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD design of complex products, preferably experience with NX.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling concepts, connectivity concepts, EMC, safety.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, pro-active.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Structured with eye for details.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable).
- Able and willing to travel (internationally) – up to 5% of your working time
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV), the e-Beam group is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for all e-Beam inspection products. The Electro-Mechanical Engineer reports to the Group Manager of e-Beam Applications group.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Please contact Twan van Schijndel (Hiring Manager) or Ramona Maat (Recruiter) for more information.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.