You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr Finance Project Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of the Senior Finance Project Manager will be to drive operational excellence for US Finance by performing improvement projects, deploying lean and improving data quality. It includes regional stakeholder alignment with a focus on all ASML US locations by driving change needs and local requirements while maintaining alignment in our global ways of working.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information systems enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards a GBS organization and ASML's Global Enabling Services (GES) is tasked to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around end-to-end (E2E) processes. Finance and IT are the first movers soon expected to be followed by other services.
To realize our ambition we aim to implement a portfolio of capabilities and solutions together with the business and IT. Doing so we are looking for a Senior Finance Project Manager who has experience in managing larger scale business transformation projects with a focus on the end to end processes.
This position is base in San Diego, CA and will be part of the global Center of Excellence (CoE) within GES with a primary focus on ASML US projects. It will work closely with the team in Veldhoven including IT as well as with the Service Delivery Teams throughout the US. The Center of Excellence acts as a "nerve center" to embed new capabilities and ways of working and sets-up appropriate governance. It provides guidance to drive continuous improvements and coordinates larger scale business transformation projects. It has a strong link to the Expert Advisory teams on innovation, policies and procedures, excellence, and knowledge capture. The Senior Finance Project Manager leads projects and solutions, coaches team members and supports the deployment of the improvement projects with the Service Delivery Teams.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing project plans and completing implementation processes, including progress tracking, monitoring, change control, testing, and documentation.
- Creating the right improvement mindset in the organization (Lean, Agile) and striving for continuous improvement.
- Driving execution of process and tooling improvement projects and lead larger-scale change projects.
- Identifying, designing and implementing global E2E processes / process improvements in order to achieve defined process metric levels.
- Ensuring state of the art solutions (processes, tools, data) are developed and applied that deliver on the needed requirements.
- Driving innovation and leveraging new technologies such as machine learning, process mining, Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Communicating effectively with all levels of the business including stakeholders, SMEs and management.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders in the E2E Service teams, Business, IT, Data & Analytic teams, Expert Advisory teams and Value Driving teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience as Project Manager or support personnel.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Understanding of end-to-end business processes (e.g., Market to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, ...) supported by state-of-the-art solutions.
- Experience with implementation of business transformation, integration and change projects.
- Experience with SAP (ECC, S4HANA, BPC), Oracle (EBS), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other emerging technologies.
- Experience with running projects using waterfall and agile methodology.
- Experience in applying lean methodology.
- Experience with managing a (project) team.
- Ability to influence team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to translate information to effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people.
- Showing commitment and flexibility (going the extra mile) while ensuring timely and effective delivery of solutions.
- Being motivated and result oriented with a high sense of responsibility, ownership, and accountability.
- Working as a member of a team, but also able to manage work and deliverables working independently, with little to no supervision.
- Being organized with prioritizing work to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders.
- Performing effectively in a demanding environment with changing priorities and workloads.
- Having a learning mindset to continuously learn and apply new information and skills.
- Embracing our company culture of Challenge, Collaborate and Care in your everyday work.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
- Flexible work hours due to project meetings across multiple time zones including US, Asia, and Europe.
- Will require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs up to 25%.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.