You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Applications Engineer - IMEC
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you want to work on leading edge technology in a team of creative technological minds? And do you have the skills and perseverance to tackle complex technical problems that can drive the semiconductor industry forward? ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We design, develop, integrate and market these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips.
In this role, you will:
• Provide state-of-art e-beam solution and develop applications for e-beam defect inspection and metrology to our valued customers.
• Help them to solve their core issues during yield improvement process.
• Conduct customer engagement projects to demonstrate and improve the performance of our products.
• Coordinate with research and development team on new tool development and work with service team and marketing team closely to drive engineering development in headquarters to implement latest product features and technologies at a strategic customer site.
Hermes Microvision, Inc. (HMI), an ASML company, is a leading supplier of advanced E-beam inspection, metrology and pattern verification systems used for advanced semiconductor devices. HMI has multiple years of e-beam application experience and leadership in semiconductor factories, focused on high resolution and voltage contrast imaging. As part of ASML, HMI will boost ASML’s holistic lithographic portfolio of (i) lithography exposure systems, (ii) computational lithography and (iii) metrology. Between these three cornerstones ASML offers application products for process window enhancement, control and detection.
Role and responsibilities
Application Engineering is ASML/HMIs department that support customers worldwide to enhance their cutting-edge e-beam inspection and metrology in their state-of-the-art semiconductor fab. If you want to work on the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing and deliver “fit for purpose” solutions the Application Engineering department is the department which can offer you this opportunity.
This position is to lead the effort in developing and supporting HMI e-Beam products at customer sites to drive learnings and deliver solutions to next generation e-Beam problems. The person filling this position will be a key leader in collaborating with ASML and customer development to develop a methodology for understanding metrics, quantification techniques, and solutions associated with e-Beam technology.
• Prepare and execute test plans on HMI eP5 e-beam metrology
• Interact with and develop a solid working relationship with the customers to help understand and develop valued solutions to their fabrication issues.
• Work with account teams and marketing organizations to define the package that meets customers’ requirements.
• Work with account teams and marketing organizations to develop use cases on HMI equipment.
• Demonstrate technical leadership through problem solving, training and presentation.
• Own the day to day project management activities and drive a technical team towards product value demonstration and integration of solutions with the goal to meet customer requirements and achieve tool-of-record configuration.
• Translate data into understandable reports for customer and internal partners with a clear message
• Define and driving wafer metrology performance requirements and capabilities for ASML’s product roadmap.
• Provide out of the box metrology solutions for the challenging needs of ASML and its end users
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%
Education and experience
•Minimum 4-6 years of relevant work-related experience as metrology and inspection engineer from customer or competitor. Less experience required with higher education.
•Metrology and Inspection Engineer experience within the Semiconductor industry highly desired.
•eBeam (SEM) metrology / inspection knowledge highly desired
•Experience in defining market needs based on deep understanding of customers, applications and products
•Experience working with internal and external customers, understanding requirements and developing solutions
•Proven experience in driving technical projects from inception to completion
•Capable of detailed Data Analysis and creation of experiment summary presentation
•Design of Experiments creation for various use cases and sharing of results internally or to a customer
•Excellent problem analysis and solving skills
•Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools
•Understand (i) lithography exposure systems, (ii) computational lithography and (iii) metrology, to support our eBeam computing platform and applications products.
•Knowledge of computing architectures, design layout analysis and machine learning applications
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
• Strong English communication skills – both written and oral, ability to influence, etc.) and present to a technical audience
• Capability to lead team and co-work with related teams
• Motivated, pro-active, self-driven and flexible
• Good coordination skills and communications skills
• Good team player and committed to the success of ASML
• Good customer communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.