You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Enterprise Applications Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
The Enterprise Applications Support Engineer will be part of the Cymer Data Service Operations (DSO) team and will be responsible for supporting enterprise application, ensuring data flow and day-to-day operations of data products install base, as well as the deployment and testing of new software to those systems. This individual will also be a part of the DSO team developing and supporting additional applications in other regions as assigned.
Role and responsibilities
- Works with software development and engineering teams to report design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs in software.
- Interfaces with the business units, technology teams, support teams, and customers for delivery of business application services. (e. g. customer requirements).
- Provides technical support to field engineers and regional technical support engineers including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and support of server hardware, software, and networks.
- Provides responsive customer support and coordinates resolution of application systems support issues. (e. g. FDC issues).
- Works in labs and with laser light sources to build and test application software.
- Works with vendors to maintain hardware, software, and network connectivity.
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning application.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- BS degree required in Computer Science or Information Technology, or relevant field of study and/or related equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant, work related experience.
- Experience with 2+ years of Enterprise applications support is required.
- Experience with 2+ years in LINUX and Windows based application support.
- Experience with 2+ years of PostgreSQL administration or other relational database is desired.
- Experience with 2+ years of Windows PowerShell scripting is desired.
- Proficiency in Shell, php, Perl, and Python scripting or other scripting languages and SQL.
- Experience and understanding of ODBC, ADO and other data access methods are desired.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and structured query language is desired.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience working and supporting Enterprise Server Hardware platforms.
- Experience in supporting network connectivity across LAN, WAN and various protocols.
- Experience in working with server hardware vendors to build server configuration and qualify server hardware for Linux and Windows applications is desired.
- Experience in supporting SEMI connectivity standards is desired.
- Experience in web technologies is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven documentation capacity.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous and conflicting priorities and projects.
- Ability to work directly with vendors.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Knowledge and practice of project management tools and techniques.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively participate in project meetings, discussions and issue resolution.
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality of information and demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Self-starter with the ability to determine technical solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.