You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Infra & Automation Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform architecture will accelerate the goal of achieving a common digital platform and data foundation for ASML. The NextGen Digital Platform is based on a toolkit/toolchain of state-of-the-art cloud-native, open-source components. Infrastructure & Automation Engineers are critical to the success of achieving a scalable, high available, resilient and secure digital platform, complying to ASML and customer policies.
Role and responsibilities
As part of the Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform Engineering team, the Infrastructure and Automation Engineering team’s mission is to build the next generation Digital Platform that is secure, reliable, scalable, and highly efficient, capable of running mission-critical analytical workloads for ASML, our customers and partners. Eliminating the manual configuration and provisioning of the Digital Platform infrastructure across on-premises, cloud, and edge environments and improving developer experience and productivity by providing self-service capabilities with automated infrastructure operations, is the main challenge for the Infrastructure and Automation engineers.
In this role you have the opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers that build the next generation digital platform to create value from data for ASML, its customers and its suppliers.
• Building out the core platform infrastructure to support the unique needs of the suite of lithography solutions.
• Building novel solutions at scale to improve the security, resilience, and reliability of the Digital Platform.
• Increasing the speed of software development by creating phenomenal self-service platform interfaces and tooling for ASML engineers, our customers, and partners.
• Creating infrastructure enhancements that enable resource savings and efficiency gains.
This role reports to the Head of Infrastructure and Automation Engineering and is part of the Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform Engineering team.
Education and experience
We’re looking for someone who has:
• A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
• At least 3 years of experience as an infrastructure & automation engineer.
• Programming experience in either Go, Python, or Rust with the ability to pick up new ones quickly.
• Knowledge of computer networking: TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, SSL, etc.
• Understanding of Operating System concepts and Unix/Linux operating systems.
• Hands-on experience with cloud platforms like Azure, GCP, AWS, etc.
• Hands-on experience with containers orchestrators like Kubernetes.
• Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and Ansible at scale.
• Affinity with security across various parts of the stack.
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines across a variety of technologies.
Working at the forefront of tech, you will always have new challenges and unfamiliar problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You will not work in a silo. Instead, you will be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you will collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You will have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you will need the following skills:
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Systematic problem-solving approach.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstration of open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
• Passion for pursuing technical excellence and mentoring engineers.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
When applying please add a cover letter specifically for this position. In this cover letter we would like to learn more about you and your hands-on experience with the technical tooling required for this position.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.