You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
IT Enterprise Data & Analytics Architect
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML is a high-tech company - headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands. ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML makes the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. The company builds some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of these machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
ASML at a glance
- Founded in 1984;
- 39.000 total employees (in FTE);
- €21bn net sales;
- 118 nationalities;
- 60 locations in 16 countries;
- 90% manufacturing costs outsourced to more than 750 suppliers worldwide;
- Operations spread across Europe, Asia, and the US;
- More than two thirds products shipped to customers in Asia, remainder to customers in US and EU;
- Headquarters and large core in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
The semiconductor industry is a very fast-paced environment, where related organizations are continually pushing the boundaries of technology. ASML maintains a forefront position by nurturing an informal, free-thinking culture where everyone has the freedom to approach problems from new angles and contribute fresh new ideas. Although there are formal lines of communication, innovations are often initiated by individuals networking within the ASML community through testing of ideas, selling visions and inspiring others. All this makes for a very dynamic, pioneering and result-oriented environment, guided by ASML 3C’s; Challenge, Collaborate and Care.
ASML IT supports information management, infrastructure and automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. These services are mission-critical for ASML’s internal and external activities. The goal of the IT organization is to deliver robust and reliable services as well as adding value to the ASML organization through projects and innovation. ASML IT accelerates the rollout of future proof technology into business-enabling services, with business and IT colleagues working closely together. This will improve efficiency of business today and allows us to explore cutting edge technology that helps transform the business to effectively meet (near) future business needs. We see exciting new opportunities for IT to support ASML’s growth ambition.
IT governance and landscape
The ASML IT governance and organization is straight forward and mainly operated from Veldhoven to provide support and work towards a common ASML application landscape. We work in a SAFe Agile operating model.
The 4 major ASML systems of record are:
- Siemens Teamcenter (PLM system);
- SAP Suite: ECC & S/4 HANA (Enterprise system) and Analytics Cloud;
- Microsoft Azure for big data analytics.
The ASML IT landscape is vast and contains modern state of the art technology and platforms as well as large legacy environments. Legacy environments are still highly valued and fulfill critical roles in many key business processes. Gradual and controlled landscape redesign and renewal are part of the architectural priorities.
As IT Enterprise Architect data & analytics you design and oversee the development of the data infrastructure within ASML.This includes the setup of our analytical landscape (Data warehouse, data lake and analytical tools) and data management landscape (MDM, Reference data and Meta data management) driving towards an overall consistent landscape. You also develop principles, policies and guidelines to ensure our data ecosystems evolves in the right direction. You work closely with our IT analytics department, IT architects across domains, the CDO organization, senior business stakeholders and data experts (Data Analysts, Data Engineers and Data Scientists).
- Define Target and Transition IT architecture for the data & analytics landscape;
- Improve, automate, and strengthen the existing IT landscape to improve reliability and availability;
- Contribute to the design and implementation to the innovation and improvement of the ASML data foundation;
- Strong partner in discussions with IT architects and other internal ASML stakeholders.
- Problem solving and Analytical skills;
- Able to deal with resistance and influence without formal authority;
- Effectively use visualization tools;
- Result oriented and drive for excellence.
Qualification and professional skills
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Computer science, information systems or another related field;
- 8 years of experience as IT Architect within the data & analytics domain;
- Understanding and up-to-date with architecture patterns and trends within data & analytics;
- Profound understanding of Cloud-based architectures and related security aspects;
- Understanding of Agile software development and SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework);
- Strategic thinker, able to approach and evaluate business issues in a broader context;
- Familiar with TOGAF framework and Archimate business modelling;
- Good story-telling, provide advice to all levels of the organization;
- Fluent English in mandatory. Dutch would be a strong plus.
Positioning of the role in the IT organization
You will report to the Head of IT Architecture who is part of the IT MT.