You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Platform Data Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform architecture will accelerate the goal of achieving a common digital platform and data foundation for ASML. The NextGen Digital Platform is based on a toolkit/toolchain of state-of-the-art cloud-native, open-source components. Data engineers are critical to the success of achieving a scalable, high available, resilient and secure digital platform, complying to ASML and customer policies.
Role and responsibilities
As part of the Digital Transformation (DX) Platform Engineering team, the Data Engineering team’s mission is to build the next generation Digital Platform that’s secure, reliable, scalable and highly efficient, capable of running mission-critical analytical workloads for ASML, our customers and partners. Building the core data infrastructure, frameworks, tooling and self-service capabilities of the Digital Platform to enable data producers and data consumers to develop and use data services autonomously and to make high-quality and trusted data available at scale, is the main challenge for the Data Engineers.
In this role you have the opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers that build the next generation Digital Platform to create value from data for ASML, its customers and its suppliers.
• Building out the core data infrastructure, distributed data processing (batch and stream data processing) frameworks, tooling
and capabilities to support the unique needs of the suite of lithography solutions.
• Building new data engineering solutions that make high quality and trusted data available at scale.
• Increasing the speed of software development by creating phenomenal self-service platform interfaces and tooling for ASML
engineers, our customers and partners.
This role reports to the Head of Data Engineering and is part of the Digital Transformation (DX) next generation Digital Platform Engineering team.
Education and experience
We’re looking for someone who has:
• A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology or a related technical discipline, or
• At least 3 years of experience in data engineering and in software development using Go and Java with the ability to pick up
new programming languages quickly.
• Significant hands-on experience with next generation big data concepts and solutions (container orchestration via
Kubernetes/Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS), data processing frameworks and solutions (Spark, Kafka)
storage and management concepts and solutions (Object Store) and engines.
• Experience with the development of data-intensive applications.
• Familiarity with distributed data architectures.
• Familiarity with Linux and its toolset.
• Knowledge of computer networks: TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, SSL, etc.
• Experience with using CI/CD pipelines across a variety of technologies.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Systematic problem-solving approach.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
• Passionate about pursuing technical excellence and mentoring engineers.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
When applying please add a cover letter specifically for this position. In this cover letter we would like to learn more about you and your hands-on experience with the technical tooling required for this role.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.