You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
SWE Tech Lead with DevOps focus
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
At ASML we like to make the impossible possible. Our lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to mass producing semiconductor chips. With it, the world’s top chipmakers are creating better performing, cheaper chips. In fact, we’re probably a part of the electronic device you’re using right now!
We design and engineer machines that are on the cutting edge of technology. These machines do things like beaming a tiny droplet of tin with a big laser so it turns into plasma and as a consequence emit just the frequency of light that we need. That is requiring complex hardware and of course complex software and software development environments. We are searching for the brightest minds on the planet to help us achieve our mission.
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product &Technology Software Innovation: using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working, we provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel build system, Docker, Kubernetes and much more. Our goal? That the magic of our engineers empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Does this sound exciting to you? Do you find our challenges motivating and do you like to become part of the success story of ASML? Then this is an opportunity for you to apply!
Our Tech Stack
#python #ruby #jenkins #github #githubactions #subversion #svn #cucumber #bazel #jira #jiraalign #buildbuddy #kubernetes #docker #artifactory #puppet #linux#rpm #azure #gcp #googlecloud #bitbucket #gradle
What we offer
We offer you an ambitious and highly innovative environment at the world’s leading high tech company, where you are in the driver seat of your career! With multiple possible career paths and enormous possibilities for personal development like e.g. a large training catalogue to choose from, free access to Pluralsight and free books. You get all the support you need to develop and grow.
- Write great code;
- Write great infrastructure;
- Be the guardian of the quality of our codebase;
- Drive our DevOps mantra "you build it, you run it, you own it"
- Analyze user stories, design the solution and implement them;
- Drive the continuous improvement of our CI/CD pipeline;
- Continuously improve your knowledge, your skills and your team;
- Coach and support team members during sprints;
- Manage, continuously improve and monitor our build pipelines and systems;
- Participate in discussions regarding new technologies;
- Every once in a while share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents and support.
- Bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering principles, such as design patterns;
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer in a DevOps environment role;
- Python is your middle name;
- You write code that is testable, maintainable, secure, fast;
- Solid understanding of modern Linux (cloud) based infrastructure, Docker & Kubernetes;
- You are a team player with good communication skills;
- You are experienced in working in a true Agile environment;
- You have experience with or keen interest in build tools, software pipelines, DevOps and test driven development;
- Highly motivated to become acquainted with new topics and technologies;
- Driven to improve yourself and keep on learning;
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.