You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS Technical Support Engineer 3
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customers’ site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local sited Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
This position will report directly to the Department manager for CS.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Understands complex modules at platform level, complex system at platform level, or complex business drivers at system level; masters multiple competencies; is able to translate (internal) customer requirements into product capabilities and options regarding all competencies (imaging/overlay/productivity/metrology); suggests product improvements to prevent process errors from recurring.
- Develops and maintains a network across several functional areas, to be able to drive solutions for structural problems within all competencies; deals with (internal) customers.
- Within tight timelines and with scarce resources, figure out what needs to be done in specific, dynamic situations using own professional judgment and dealing with complex upgrades that take 1-2 weeks to implement at (internal) customer site; solve situations which are difficult but have occurred before, minimizes impact on (internal) customer’s work in progress regarding a competency and adjacent options.
- For complex upgrades that take 3-9 weeks to implement at (internal) customer site; needs to solve problems that have not occurred before, minimizes impact on (internal) customer’s work in progress regarding all lithographic production steps.
- Works unsupervised with high-level checks with superior.
- Identifies gaps and drives solution, ensures processes are adapted to prevent (work) process errors from recurring and identifies missing processes/procedures and develops them.
- Assesses skill levels and grows new hires. Actively mentors and coaches team members with lower technical knowledge.
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers.
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation.
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS.
- Handshake and validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support.
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network. The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process.
- CS Central enables effective support of the customer by providing technical knowledge and process support to the field offices. EUV engineering is part of New Product Introduction and Node Transition segment in the CS.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Preferably 5+ years or more work experience in an engineering or customer support role.
- Direct knowledge stepper/scanner related experience in the semi-conductor or related experience a plus.
- Direct knowledge of EUV systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Helicopter view.
- Flexible but result-driven.
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.