You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Jr Project Lead (MDO)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you take the lead in driving a new development of a complex sub-system project to a successful delivery? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you.
Role and responsibilities
You will be responsible for the delivery of new EUV image sensors functionality to current installed base systems, and for the maintenance of the sensors already in place in these systems. Your task is to get requirements clear from your stakeholders (e.g. Customer support, Factory..) and define the scope of the project, create a solid project plan and guard progress in time. You are responsible for delivering the defined functionality at the right performance level and secure a smooth integration of these products to our customers, including support during customer escalations related to them. You will actively identify and manage risks in your project and report on progress to (sr.) management.
- Align with the cross-sector (customer support, factory, D&E,..) team and secure cross sector deliverables.
- Create and maintain project plans and proactively drive realization.
- Provide support during customer escalations related to our functions or products.
- Get interdependencies clear with sub- & neighboring projects. Pro-actively manage them and keep intensive contact with other projects.
- Manage the delivery of designs in your team that meet the requirements of ASML product development.
- Review technical solutions proposed, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks in your project.
- Provide regular updates on the status of your project to key stakeholders and management.
- Part of your teams will operate in an AGILE Release Train, using scrum/SAFe methodology.
Education and experience
- Master’s or PhD degree in Physics or Applied Mathematics or similar field.
- >2 years of experience in leading a multidisciplinary team in complex technical development projects with a strong functional, hardware and software components.
5 years experience in developing, integrating, testing and realization of complex multidisciplinary products for volume manufacturing, preferably in high tech sector
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to achieve alignment between multiple projects, of which some are located abroad.
- Be able to sense and challenge actual progress in other projects.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Experience with AGILE/SAFe Wow is preferred.
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Within BM and the D&E sector, the Sensors department is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of the major measurement sensors and its application in all ASML products. The Image Sensors TIS EUV group delivers all functionality related to one of the optical sensors used during the exposure of a wafer in the ASML EUV machines, and have a major contribution to the overlay, focus, throughput and imaging machine performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
What can you expect from ASML? 1. An opportunity to work in a high tech company where you work on the edge of what is technologically possible. 2. An open work environment with diverse and talented people. 3. A place with lots of career opportunities and international potential. 4. A company where creativity and initiative is rewarded. 5. Excellent working conditions.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.