You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Lead Engineer Campus Connectivity (Infra ART)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its headquarters in Veldhoven, The Netherlands, and has R&D and manufacturing operations in North America, Asia and The Netherlands.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the Core IT department. Core IT’s mission is delivering high performing, reliable and secure application-, workplace- and infrastructure services that are available anytime, anywhere and anyplace.
We have transformed the innovation of our IT infrastructure organization to an Agile way of working (SAFe – Scaled Agile Framework) and are looking for a lead engineer in our Campus Connectivity team within the Infra ART (Agile Release Train). The Campus Connectivity team is a scrum team and responsible for all innovations of the connectivity products/services related to our local area networks (offices/campuses, including specials for warehouses and factories). We enable our business to run their workloads on our campuses/offices, ensuring fast and easy deployments, high availability, security and scalability in support of ASML’s growth ambitions.
As Lead Engineer you drive the development of Campus (LAN) related connectivity products and services, continuously improving the available product portfolio, availability, security and deployment speed. You are the linking pin between the team and architecture. Also you provide specialist consultancy to internal customers. Together with our Customer Team and architects you ensure effective and efficient deployment of these solutions for our applications and information systems.
- Develop and improve Campus (LAN) connectivity products and solutions based on customer demand and architecture roadmap
- Align requirements from customers, architecture, other infra products (for example compute or storage), security and managed operations
- Design and PoC/Pilot new products, validating their correct functioning and an efficient deployment
- Align with colleagues in Operations, ensuring they can deploy and manage the products efficiently
- Support with the development of the product roadmap, bringing together (future) customer demand and market developments (lifecycle and innovations)
- Collaborate with Solution and Domain Architects to develop solution designs for specific or complex infra deployments, balancing specific requirements, overall architecture and the strategy to deploy standard products
- Assure quality in complex deployments
- Support root cause analysis in case of recurring or high impact issues, and identify required improvements
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the area of computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in designing and deploying connectivity in complex environments like enterprise campuses and factories (wired, wireless, network segmentation)
- Expert knowledge of Cisco ISE, DNA Center, Infoblox
- Cisco CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure certification
- Sufficient knowledge about other infra domains, like Data Center Connectivity, (SD)WAN, compute, databases and storage
- Experienced in translating business requirements to architectural solutions
- Experience with automation (API, cURL, Git)
- You understand the needs of Operations (ITIL)
- Scrum, SAFe or other Agile related
- TOGAF, Archimate
Personal skills and competences
- Passionate about driving new technology solutions in an enterprise context and strong drive to continuously learn
- Combination of helicopter view and hands-on: you like creating high level designs and also to support team members to figure out design/build challenges
- Self-propelling; you do not wait for direction, but drive innovation together with the team
- Customer focus
- Security is part of your DNA
- Team player in a muti-cultural team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (English)
Context of the position
The position is part of the Campus Connectivity product team in the Infra ART (Agile Release Train). The Infra ART consists of multiple Scrum teams, who focus on Innovating ASML’s standardized IT Infra services, ensuring they are easy to request, easy to consume, secure and always on.