You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manufacturing Test Technician 4
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
Performs sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support. Assists with making recommended changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- May utilize functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- May interfaces with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Assists in documenting and monitoring safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- May use specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- May troubleshoot failures with pressurized Gas, and Water systems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Assists in applying labels to panels, modules, and doors to cleanliness and workmanship standards.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- A minimum of four (4) years of related work experience preferred.
- Experience working with precision optical components is desirable.
- ESD experience is desirable.
- Experience in using electronic, pneumatic, and hand tools preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to read and interpret data, information, documents and engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric/pneumatic tools.
- Must be able to follow written assembly procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Experience with electro-optical and/or opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing is desired.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
- Ability to perform in-process quality inspections of components and/or full assemblies within the Manufacturing area(s).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Can work under deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Less than 5%.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA . It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level in a cleanroom environment.
- Must be willing to work in a cleanroom or manufacturing environment, wearing assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): coveralls, masks, hoods, booties, safety glasses and/or gloves for entire duration of shift.
- Must be willing to occasionally lift, pull and/or push up to 35 pounds.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $45,750 - $70,150. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role.All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check and any other tests that may be required.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.