You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Knowledge Management Project Manager
Research & development
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you have a passion for knowledge and community management, and the project management skills to define and implement knowledge management (KM) solutions that support the Research & Development priorities at ASML? If you want to help build the capability and drive change then we invite you to read the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
This role exists to design, develop and implement the practical side of the KM capability for ASML R&D by bringing experience in organizing and moderating knowledge flow and communities of practice (CoP), identifying opportunities, and executing important projects to realize the vision. At the core of the job mission is to make the knowledge and expertise visible and accessible for the rapidly growing R&D community of 15.000+ people globally.
Role and responsibilities
- Leadthe KM infrastructure workstreams and execute activities to deliverimproved KM capabilities
- Evaluatethe existing KM and CoP capabilities within ASML R&D, identify,justify (through the business case) and execute projects that will createvalue for R&D engineers in the short-, mid- and a long- term view
- Concretely,take responsibility for maintaining and reshaping the Development &Engineering Handbook, which is the key knowledge repository for R&Dmeans and methods.
- Engagingwith audiences within R&D using different channels, bringing thecommunity management (in the context of knowledge sharing) to the nextlevel
- Managethe execution of projects in the roadmap, incl budget and planningactivities via partnerships with IT, HR and internal stakeholders
- Worktogether with the R&D Learning & Development team towards thecommon goal of shortening the time to effectiveness of engineers. Ensurealignment between knowledge management and learning initiatives.
- Putknowledge management enablers in place for improving knowledge flows toconnect:people-2-content and people-2-people. In terms of culture andbehavior, business processes, technology, terminology/taxonomy (etc.),while promoting Knowledge Management and the use of common approachesacross sectors.
- Consultacross the worldwide R&D organization to leverage local knowledgemanagement initiatives and align them to the strategic approach, ensuringthe ‘voice of the customer’ is heard
- Support R&D clusters in creating sustainable methods for incentivizing and recognizing employees for knowledge management activities (for example: creating impact by re-using knowledge, capturing & sharing knowledge, driving and maintaining knowledge management improvements)
Education and experience
A Master’s in science or engineering or other relevant discipline. Experience with research & development is appreciated.
- Experience in a knowledge management related roles in a corporate environment, operationalizing knowledge management strategy is a strong plus.
- Experiencein a technology or R&D driven environment (e.g., high-tech, medical orpharma) is a plus.
- Hands-onmentality, getting the job done, while seeing the bigger picture. Willingto go the extra mile to enable critical knowledge owners in their abilityto capture and transfer that knowledge, while keeping the needs ofemployee in mind.
- Trackof record with various means of transferring knowledge (e.g., technicaldocumentation, CoPs, video, etc)
- Experiencein working within a matrix and multi-disciplinary project teams, includingvirtual working with teams across a number of regions in an internationalenvironment.
- Consulting and business partnering skills: ability to understand the challenges and needs of internal customers, and tailor and deploy the KM value proposition effectively.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Abilityto work and communicate with technical experts and support them ineffective knowledge transfer
- Excellentstakeholder engagement and communication skills particularly duringchanges and projects
- Fluentin Project Management: ability to set and manage project plans, budget,risk, mitigation, action logs and timelines
- Accountableand pro-active – taking ownership for the work and ensuring it iscompleted succefully
- Detail-orientedand agile Mindset
- Fluentin English both spoken and written
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.