30+ days ago - req6045
Sr. Financial Analyst
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Sr. Financial Analyst role provides financial support for ASML’s San Diego factory, San Diego facilities management, which includes the budget/forecast process, monthly financial review and analysis as well as a variety of ad hoc financial analysis. Develops, interprets, and maintains various financial systems and databases. Derives meaningful conclusions and implications from financial databases, and organizes and presents findings and/or recommendations.
- Provides monthly financial forecasts and review of operating results.
- Provides support for month end close.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Establishes and maintains databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans and operating forecast.
- Works closely with assigned organizations to develop tools, analysis and metrics that enable targeted financial performance.
- Develops, or works with IT to develop, new tools, including custom reports and queries, to meet corporate objectives.
- Supports Cost Accounting with database management and analysis as well as monthly close, reporting, and analysis responsibilities as required.
- Participates in process redesign, improvement, documentation, and training projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar major.
- Minimum of 2 years financial experience required, preferably in a high-tech or manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience with cost accounting/standard costing is preferred.
- Experience with database development/maintenance is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Expert in Excel with strong experience in SAP and MS Access preferred. General project management knowledge including tools and methods for tracking and measuring performance such as PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data, and prepare presentations to support decision-making.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles. Emphasis on cost accounting is preferred.
- Ability to work within a team environment with matrix reporting lines and cross functional support.
- Ability to work multiple tasks, projects, deliverables simultaneously, sometimes with short deadlines.
- Self-starting, can-do orientation, with penchant for self-improvement and process improvement.
- Ability to identify trends and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Strong background in basic budgeting and cost management.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with international colleagues.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
- The Financial Analyst examines data and provides actionable information on profitability and stability.
- Collect and summarizes data to build complex reports and establish financial benchmarks performance.
- Produce financial models to help the business determine particular changes in behavior and future impact.
- Consult regularly with business leaders to focus on strategic decisions for short and long term growth.