You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Coordinator - EUV
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Installations Coordinator directly reports to the CS EUV Install line management and operationally to the local Project Leader (PL). In this role, the coordinator will have many internal interfaces and direct interface with the customer.
Within ASML the sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the installation, maintenance, upgrades and continuous improvement of ASML products. One of the departments in this sector is EUV Install which is responsible for providing technical installation support during the installation of ASML products. The EUV Install Coordinator provides the onsite coordination of all external support required to efficiently execute the installation activities.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The coordinator will work with the PLs, Manufacturing, and the local customer to plan and make all necessary preparations for the on-time execution of the EUV installation.
Perform on-site coordination of the installations including: Customer managed resources, facility connections, monitor proper use of safe ways of working, and maintain operational schedules. Maintain the installation plan by identifying the key activities for each day with a minimum look ahead of 3 weeks. Communicate plans and schedules to the appropriate stakeholders and make timely changes to the installation schedule accordingly. Audit pre-install parts and report quality issues. Install pre-install parts for each system. The installation process is very dynamic thus flexibility is a key competency to succeed in this environment.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a dynamic, fast paced, customer focused role where an emphasis on customer support is required.
- Previous experience in project coordination with an emphasis on technology or science is preferred.
- Experience in micro-lithography environments or metrology systems is desirable.
- Experience in project planning and proficient in MS Project and MS Excel
Proficient in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Customer site requires Covid 19 vaccination barring medical or religious exemption.
- Work is conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- All employees must be able to pass an extensive background check to obtain customer clearance.
- Expect to spend more than 50% of work time inside the clean room working with electromechanical equipment.
- Non-exempt position requires domestic and international travel, and the willingness to work flexible shifts and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays; extensive overtime may be required during upgrade execution.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
- Ability to travel in US and internationally.
- At times, job requires standing for long periods of time and moving tools and equipment up to 40 lbs. in weight unaided.
- This position will require international travel (up to 50%) to the field offices or other sites with short notice and uninterrupted periods up to 6 weeks in a row.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, Supervisor, or Project Leader.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.