You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Risk Manager (Supply Chain)
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Would you like to be part of our Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) department? Are you an enthusiastic risk specialist who is able to drive business continuity management at our suppliers? Are you solution oriented and looking for a comprehensive approach ensuring business continuity, risk mitigation and performance improvements in the organization?
ASML is searching for a senior risk specialist/manager to join its international Sourcing & Supply Chain organization, with a specific focus on supporting the step up in supplier business continuity management.In this job you will be driving progress on the business continuity management program in close cooperation with stakeholders from S&SC and from other sectors. Your focus will be on securing the continuity of our supply chain, protecting our intellectual property and preventing reputational damages.
ASML has grown a factor 2 in the past five years. This kind of scaling affects our own organization, but also the way we work with suppliers. To ensure continuity of supply we established a supplier risk management process which, amongst others, includes business continuity at our suppliers. In your role as business continuity specialist, you will ensure that our business continuity requirements are communicated to our suppliers, collaborate with suppliers and internal team members to ensure that business continuity plans are defined and followed through as needed, and timely feedback and support to our suppliers is provided. In addition, you support onsite audits by an independent third party. In your role you are the linking pin between ASML’s internal (Sourcing Leads, Category Managers, Corporate Risk Managers) and external stakeholders (Suppliers, Insurance Company).
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Role and responsibilities
- Maintain and support the ASML Supplier Business Continuity Management program (based on ISO 22301).
- Identify potential threats at specific suppliers within in the supply chain and identify the impact for business operations (scenario analysis).
- Thoroughly evaluate financial risk within the supplier base.
- Help define and drive improvement projects to increase supplier resiliency and effective risk mitigation by sending & receiving business continuity quick scans, requesting & reviewing supplier business continuity plans and providing guidance to Suppliers & Sourcing Leads on business continuity planning.
- Facilitate and lead (external) business continuity audits at the suppliers’ production location(s).
- Supporting Supplier Account Teams by helping them to remove all bottlenecks and constraints that block business continuity program progress.
- Facilitate (senior) management discussions on risk mitigation solutions (e.g., preventive versus impact).
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, finance, or related field and a minimum 8-10 years of work experience with business continuity, risk management and/or audit.
- Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Data security knowledge is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Business, operational, financial and commercial acumen.
- Self-starting and enthusiastic, able to motivate and inspire colleagues.
- Pragmatic and result oriented.
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate and inspire colleagues.
- Structured thinker, able to translate solutions into scalable processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Able to influence without hierarchical power on various levels in organization.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $112,000.00 - $152,375. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.