You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
BI&C(Business Insights & Control) Controller
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Responsible for performing controlling activities for a specific topic (both business sector and product line), at different seniority levels. Ensures all analyses related to this topic are aligned with customers & internal stakeholders and carried out effectively, while developing the team towards more advanced data & analytics capabilities.
Role and responsibilities
- Business Insights & Control (BI&C) is responsible for identifying and developing financial data models that generate business insights and support decision making, by using a combination of cross-sector data sources and applying leading analytics tools and technologies in order to increase business value.
- You will provide transparent information to enable and drive effective decision making in achieving our strategic objectives. Part of the Finance 2025 vision of ASML is to transition in the next couple of years from forecasting and budgeting based on historical trend information and run rates, towards predictive modelling that support the budgeting and forecasting processes. We need your help to deliver on this transition.
- The role is part of a highly driven global team, working together with different parts of the finance organization as well as with counterparts in the business environment of ASML. You will be exposed to several senior management layers in the organization.
Together with the team you are responsible for:
- Perform financial analyses to support decision taking
- Approve requisitions / investment proposals and supporting business cases
- Perform contract reviews to determine impact on financial planning and advise the business accordingly
- Align with stakeholders on execution progress of analytics requests
- Present outcomes of analyses to stakeholders
- Align with other analytical hubs in case of joined delivery of insights (financial and non-financial)
- Align with experts where needed to provide integrated insights with correct assumptions
- Responsible and/or accountable for Planning, Reporting and Analysis activities
- Contribute to projects related to improved automation of planning
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration and above, preferably followed by a chartered controller qualification
- More than 10 years in Finance roles, including at least 5 years in Business Control, in large-size international industrial companies, preferably in complex technology businesses.
- Track record in business control at business unit, divisional or group level.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, being able to influence without hierarchical power.
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently;
- Self-driven and ambitious;
- Result oriented and bridge builder;
- Getting things done in a large organization;
- Takes ownership of issues from start to completion;
- Able to provide an unbiased view on business priorities.
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.