You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Senior PMO Product Owner - NPI
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Within the Customer Support (CS) P3O management office (CS PMO), we are looking for an experienced change manager/lead with strong inter-personal skills and a talent for organizational development. Are you a senior Project Management Officer and do you have a passion for improving business processes and new product introductions? Can you create a positive atmosphere and are you able to manage the team’s capacity to deliver value to our internal customers? Then this might be the job you are looking for!
As a senior PMO you play a vital role as ASML transitions into a more mature era of Project, Program and Portfolio management. You have a profound impact on the success of the team in your role as business partner (product owner) for the New Product Introduction Program Managers. Your core responsibility is to help the organization to focus on value creation and manage the assignments and the Product Backlog of the team. You help the team to focus on the outcomes that matter. You are good with people, processes and can align and integrate solutions within a complex environment while applying your experience with P3M to mentor more junior PMO’s.
Your main contribution will be:
- Implementation of P3M Processes within a challenging environment of stakeholders;
- Communicative seniority, experience with change and leadership to manage conflicting internal priorities;
- Experience regarding successful program management, a structured approach and the ability to pick-up on ASML’s best known methods;
- Affinity with Product Development and service organizations;
- Collaboration skills to connect with the PMO professionals within the team;
- Hands-on proficiency with running programs daily and skills that allow you to help prepare strategic decisions (delivering project- and program information first time right).
Your tasks contribute to the success of CS. You lead the way in delivering solutions that contribute to a stronger process framework and successful delivery of results. You work within a natural team of PMO professionals while reporting to the PMO manager. The PMO team is growing and your motivation to improve and lead by example is an important asset for you to make a good fit with the team.
Education and experience
- Master Business Administration (MBA), Master of International Business Studies or similar level achieved through experience and courses.
- 2+ years as (chief) Product Owner or similar leadership role;
- 5+ years as PMO or leadership role related to improving in-company processes;
- Experienced with Project Management Methodologies.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Being able to persuade, convince, influence, or encourage others to obtain support or produce effects on the tactical and strategic objectives related to portfolio, equal or similar to those that would be obtained through power or authority (hierarchical level), often non-existent for PMO;
- Being able to identify interdependencies between various projects, programs and portfolios, collaborating with involved stakeholders in order to enhance their assertiveness in achieving related strategic organizational objectives. Implies the ability to influence and negotiate with internal clients with different interests.
- Being able to positively manage and overcome resistance or break the stalemate between individuals or stakeholder groups in order to minimize the impact on project delivery or to portfolio performance.
- Being able to promote effective communication of projects, programs and portfolios at various hierarchical levels, considering the depth and the information needed at each point of contact.
- Being able to plan, organize, assess, and monitor the management of projects, programs and portfolios, in conjunction with project managers, stakeholders, and senior sponsoring management / PMO services clients, promoting the maturity of this competency within the organization. Implies the ability to work in an environment marked by organizational change.
- Being able to structure activities and processes and to act within defined contexts in standards that support task accomplishment.
- Being able to seek and identify opportunities for action, propose, and implement solutions - in an innovative and differentiated way - in order to optimize the performance of projects and portfolio.
- Being able to create, maintain, expand and use contact networks to ensure the delivery of expected results.
- Being able to identify and meet customer expectations and being flexible in the event of a change in the management model or in the organizational structure.
- Being able to spread the culture/discipline of project, program, and portfolio management within the organization/department, and ensure knowledge building throughout the development of projects and programs and after their termination.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Willingness to travel internationally (up to 10%) on incidental basis. The PMO role provides the opportunity to further grow into the business, leadership or expert development paths within ASML.