You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Internal Control Expert
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast-growing company? Are you challenged by contributing to further enhance integrated risk management within ASML? Then we’d like to get to know you.
The Internal Control Expert is a challenging position in a dynamic and diverse international environment with operations on different locations and direct strategical impact on the achievement of ASML’s business objectives. A position with growth opportunities within ASML.
Role and responsibilities
About the job
ASML is further maturing its risk management approach and processes. ASML's size, pivotal role in the semiconductor market and continued growth in combination with increasing threats and regulatory complexity requires a mature and integrated risk management approach. Therefore, ASML will transform towards the 3 Lines of Responsibility (3LoR) model, organizing integrated risk management in line with leading practice. In the 3LoR model, ASML and its business lines, sectors and countries (first line), are accountable and responsible for managing ASML's key risks and controls supported by ASML’s Risk and Business Assurance (“RBA”) organization (second line) and the Internal Audit organization (third line).
The RBA organization is structured in 5 different building blocks: (i) Sector Facing Teams (ii) Enterprise Facing Team (iii) Risk Expertise Team (iv) Security Expertise Team and (v) Center of Excellence. The Risk Expertise team will ensure uniform risk management within ASML and will provide the frameworks in which the 1st line will operate. This will be organized around (i) internal control (ii) policy management (iii) regulatory risk management, (iv) business continuity and (v) digital identity and access management.
The Internal Control Expert is the authority within ASML on internal control and will provide ASML’s 1st line with the internal control principles and strive for implementation of the risk and control framework within ASML in line with COSO or other international standards.
- Support and improve the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of ASML Integrated Risk Management Process including 3 LoR model, methodology and tooling;
- Define and maintain the ASML Internal Control policy, templates and methodology;
- Maintain the ASML Internal Control framework, review and monitor drafted controls against requirements and methodology to ensure consistency and quality;
- Ensure consistent application of the methodology across ASML and the RBA sector facing teams;
- Collaborate in cross functional and multi-disciplinary teams to maintain oversight in internal control framework;
- Provide training, awareness, best practices and content for risk management curriculum;
- Responsible for quality of product deliverables and services;
- Lead, facilitate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders in order to prioritize actions and close the key capability gaps.
Education and experience
- Academic degree in Business Economics or related education
- Preferably multiple years of relevant experience in a multinational environment in or related to the domain of internal control and/or auditing
- Demonstrated business experience in or related to the domain of internal control
- Knowledge of the emerging (technology) innovations within industry on internal control
- Experience in working in a 3 LoR model is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Inspiring and energetic leader with communication skills; open, accessible and transparent, able to build strong relationships on all levels in organization
- Balances interest of digital identity with the interests of the virtual network and related stakeholders in other sectors/departments
- Deliver work that meets ambitious quality standards, recognize and pay attention to the critical few details and take measures to improve quality
- Organizer, good team player and able to deliver a variety of deliverables
- Fluent in English, preferably Dutch speaking
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips.
We aim to unlock the potential of people and society by pushing technology to new limits. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved. ASML employs more than 40.000 employees, has offices in US, Asia and Europe and is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
The Internal Control Expert and Head of 2nd Line Expertise Center reports into the Head of RBA. RBA provides state-of-art expertise, insights and assurance, enabling ASML to achieve its objectives while managing business opportunities and business risks in a responsible manner.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Interested in this vacancy? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.