You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Team Leader - Manufacturing / Production
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Do you have a hands-on mentality and are you always eager to find ways to improve? Do you aspire to work in a high-tech industrial environment to enable the future of tomorrow? Would you like to play a significant role in ASML's complex manufacturing processes? Then we might be looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
In a team leader position, it is your responsibility is to lead and inspire a diverse group of talented engineers that work towards a common goal within one of our manufacturing departments.
You will focus on managing the production process and realize the planned targets and objectives in terms of e.g. customer satisfaction, delivery, quality and efficiency/costs. Additionally, you will lead organizational change by supporting the implementation of the Lean principles. An integral part of this task is the initiation/roll out of structural improvement projects.
Your job will consist of:
- People management; including selection, development, goal setting and performance management (Ensuring an overall high level of engagement in your team).
- Enabling self-supporting natural teams (consisting of hierarchical and non-hierarchical engineers).
- Being a role model with regard to the Lean leadership principles.
- Ensuring that team members are trained and follow the standard ASML business processes, quality and safety standards.
- Providing continuous team and people development by supporting and motivating your team members.
- Facilitating an environment for continuous improvement aiming at raising quality, decreasing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Driving problem solving and priority setting within your team.
- Supporting New Product Introductions (NPI's).
Education and experience
We are looking for candidates with a relevant technical bachelor or master degree with at least 5 years of leadership experience in a similar environment. Additionally, you have a good understanding of ASML business needs and can use your operations management experience to your advantage. Lastly, you possess excellent communicational abilities and you are fluent in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Inspire, empower and motivate people.
- Build and develop high performance teams.
- Make use of excellent communication skills.
- Receive and give feedback regularly.
- Maintain a result oriented attitude.
- Solve problems under pressure.
- Work in a multicultural setting.
- You take up the responsibility of translating ASML's strategy into clear vision, direction, shared mindset and clear goals for your team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This vacancy was created in order to find new colleagues in multiple team leader positions within ASML manufacturing. When you are found suitable for one of these positions, the hiring managers and recruiters will discuss internally to find the most suitable position for you. For this reason it might take a bit longer to receive our feedback.
The majority of the roles are in shifts. Besides a regular dayshift, these shift schedules are the most common:
- 2-shift: Monday to Friday from 06:30 – 15:30 or from 15:00 – 00:00. 1 fixed day off per week. Work one weekend a month from 07:00 – 16:00.
- 4-shift: A schedule containing 10 dayshifts, 5 evening, 1weekend in 4 weeks (no nights). This means working 4.25 days a week.
- 5-shift: Two mornings from 07:00 to 15:30, two evenings from 15:00 – 23:30 and two night shifts from 23:00 to 7:30. After that you are free for 4 days.
Please send in a cover letter containing which shift schedule has your preference, your motivation for this role and any other relevant information.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.