You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Mechanical Engineering - Electronics Packaging - Guaranteed Sign On Bonus and Relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling related to the electronics infrastructure. The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
• Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies.Experience in sheet metal design.
• Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions for low to medium volume products.
• Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred experience using NX).
• Experience supporting design fit check during integration & testing of electrical & electronic systems at the module, sub-system & system level.
• Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards ( i.e. NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool Standards).
• Knowledge of FEA is a plus.
• Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.• • Working knowledge of design drafting best practices including geometric dimensioning.
• Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis as needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to write assembly, test procedures, test specifications and test reports.
• Ability to design and document all aspects of the electrical infrastructure including:
• AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets).
• Interconnect cables, bundles and connectors (harnessing).
• Electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles.
• Interfacing with printed circuit board designs.
• Modeling of flex and rigid PWB’s including volumes and critical part locations.
Education and experience
• BS Engineering with a major in Mechanical Engineering and/or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of Mechanical design experience including Electronics Packaging .
• Mechanical design of electronic cabinets and racks.
• Cable routing, cable bundling and wiring design.
• Sheet metal design.
• Knowledge/hands-on experience with software/technical tools.
• 3D CAD (NX preferred); Other parametric programs like SOLIDWORKS or Creo are also acceptable.
• DMS (Teamcenter preferred); Other systems such as Windchill are also acceptable.
• ERP (SAP preferred); Other ERP systems also acceptable.
• Strong English communication skills- both written and oral.
• Experience working in a project-oriented team.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Can observe and respond to people and situations andinteract with others encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information,and documents.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customersatisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency andprofessionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention todetail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demandingenvironment with changing workloads and deadlines.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and followthrough on assignments with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professionalcommunication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative workingrelationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within theprovided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.