Research & Development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & Development, Design Engineering, Customer Support
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Are you interested in the challenges of defining and improving the diagnostics of complex and advanced lithography equipment? Are you looking for a job where you can use your Engineering, organizational, and communication skills in a high dynamical and demanding environment? If so, the position of diagnostic Engineer could be the perfect path to increase your knowledge in multiple engineering disciplines.
ASML’s Machine Architecture and Industrialization (MA&I) is dedicated to increasing the robustness of the company’s products and processes. The sector drives the industrialization of solutions relating to Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability and Serviceability (RAMS) into ASML’s products from the moment of their conception until they meet the Customer’s specifications and expectations.
Within the MA&I department, the Service & Manufacturing Department (S&MT) department brings together the key competences needed to execute the related industrialization throughout ASML’s product development programs. As a part of S&MT, the Diagnostic group looks for diagnostics solutions to maximize uptime of our systems for our customers.
The main driver is to increase the robustness of our products and processes with a strong focus on ASML Product Improvement within New Product and Sustaining projects.
Within these projects you will focus on:
- Product: Functionally specify, test and roll-out of FC-026 Diagnostics Tools
- People: Lead and train D&E to provide and maintain effective and qualitative diagnostics
Support the Programs in defining and increasing their diagnostic capabilities
- Process: Develop, deploy and secure the end-to-end design for diagnostics
Define and maintain processes for adding and maintaining diagnostic content and functionality to system level diagnostic tools
Define Operation's feedback loop for measuring and improving diagnostics capabilities
- Competence Maturity: Strive to reach and maintain high maturity level
Investigate, standardize and industrialize emerging technologies for diagnostics purposes
Develop and maintain Diagnostics Experts network for all D&E sites
You will interface with line and program level stakeholders within a broad scope of sectors (D&E, System Engineering and Customers Support) and use your expertise to inform the Product Development Manager, Product Cluster Manager, System Engineering, Project Leader and Project Architect. You will report to the AV Engineering and Diagnostics Group Leader.
Bachelor Degree Computer Sience and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related degrees.
- >5 years’ experience in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
- Proven track record with Service activities and specifically diagnostics and calibrations (RAMS).
- Broad scope (software, mechanics, electronics, IT infrastructure, Customer Support).
- Capable of doing analysis on new design to define the critical availability areas that need improvement to meet specs.
- Familiar with Design architecture and service processes.
- Knowledge about data structure and modeling.
- Used to work in time and budget driven project environments.
- Self-propelling and Entrepreneurial.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- The drive and enthusiasm to achieve tangible results.
- Engineering creativity.
Diagnostics, Availability, Serviceability, reliability, software, mechanics, electronics, IT infrastructure, Customer Support, RAMS