You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Jr. Build Support Specialist
In a nutshell
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communication and information technology products.
The Engineering IT Product & Technology Software Platform group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software. The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (> 4.000 developers). We are looking for a junior build support engineer to take up a hands-on technical role for our centralized build systems.
As a build support specialist you will have the following responsibilities:
- Take up a technical support role in our centralized Scanner build systems;
- Take operational responsibility for our Scanner build environments and establish in-detail knowledge of the ASML’s build implementations;
- Help and guide customers (software developers) with their build issues;
- Impact analysis on changes;
- Partner in discussions with architects and internal stakeholders;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software development and build/make configurations;
- Experience with ClearCase, Gradle or Bazel is a pre;
- Experience with programming languages is required, experience with python and/or perl is a pre;
- Knowledge of make-tooling like gmake (preferred) or ant;
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux/Unix environments..
- Good communication skills and proficiency in the English language;
- Show initiative and problem solving attitude;
- Willing to invest and step into a complex environment;
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality;
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude;
- Ability to plan and set priorities;
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented;
- Service minded and stress tolerant;
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user.
Context of the position
This position is in located in IT Solution Delivery Software Operations, which is a department of the ASML IT organization. The entire group is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling that supports ASML’s mission critical software development environments.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.