You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Install Technical Support NPI
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Are you a team player that likes to have a leading role in the introduction of the new DUV products and solving challenging technical issues in a LAB manufacturing environment?Do you like to work between the innovative environment of D&E and the cost-effective LEAN Factory and travel to the customer site?
Role and responsibilities
The introduction of the new DUV products into volume production by defining requirements, driving technical solutions for problems encountered during the proto and pilot in the factory and travel to customer site for the first pilots to bring the knowledge of new machine types to the local teams.
·For first pilots of a new machine type you will be closely involved in performing the test sequence for the first time, here you will keep the overview of the issues and contribute to the validation of the test sequence.
·When the fist pilot is shipped to the customer you will travel to customer site to facilitate the introduction of the new DUV products:
oBe the first point of contact for support
- Keep in close contact with the System install Engineers
- Be the first point of contact and take ownership of issues encountered during the installation
- Solve complex and cross-modular issues through team effort
- Minimize downtime on our systems and ensure on time delivery and premium quality to our customers
- Ensure follow-up on the issues to prevent reoccurrence on future systems
oGive a knowledge transfer to the local team
- Update the local team on the differences compared to previous platforms
- Share the knowledge required to install the system
- Enable the local team to be successful in installing future systems
oDo validation of the new product
- Make sure that the new product and process works as intended
- Be involved in the execution of the new process steps
- Verify product performance by performing additional check
- Gather the required data to verify product performance
·Facilitate DUV products definition
oContribute in product Definition & Generation (requirement setting & design review)
- Give input to the requirements for install of new products.
oResponsibility on first pilots to check install technical support deliverables to secure smooth install (process and product performance review).
oUse ‘lessons learned’ from the field to improve current and future products
Education and experience
BSc. or MSc. level in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics or other relevant technical area.
Experience and skills
·Knowledge of complex production processes, preferably in a high tech, low volume environment
- Fluently speaking and writing in English (Dutch is a pre)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, process optimization, statistical process control, FMEA, Quality Management Systems and Q-methods/techniques (preferred)
- > 2 years of working experience as (install) Technical Support engineer (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with MS office & Matlab (preferred)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Leadership and behavioral competencies
·Analytical, pragmatic, pro-active and customer oriented
·Result driven, focusing on quality and continuous improvement
·Takes initiative, high sense of responsibility and devotion; cope with stress, hands on mentality
·Flexible to travel 30% and able to handle last minute changes in the planning
·Good social/communication skills on different levels
·Good organizational skills
·Is a reliable team player and flexible, listens to and absorbs other ideas and opinions
·Is a quick learner, able to prioritize and operate independently and adapt to changing circumstances
·Has a broad technical and business knowledge, is a networker, shares information and knows how to find relevant information
·Self-assured and able to engage and convince people, also at higher management levels
·Is visibly present on the shop floor on daily basis
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. A motivational letter is mandatory: why do you want to work at Technical Support?
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.