You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Source Diagnostics Architect
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML. Working at Cymer-ASML is therefore challenging and extremely dynamic.
In this position you will be part of the team that integrates a wide variety of Hardware, Software and other deliveries into the Source system that performs at a specified level. IC-06 secures Availability of the Source by creating a robust install and serviceability strategy and making sure the source meets the Availability, Serviceability, Diagnostics, Reliability and Cost of Service specifications set by System Engineering with focus on Diagnostics. Your primary role is to define the strategy to ensure that released system configurations meet the business line requirements with focus on Diagnostics.
Role and responsibilities
The EUV Source Diagnostics Architect is responsible for generating and owning the diagnostics roadmap, working very closely with System Engineering, driving the optimization of processes to manufacture and service ASML machines within requirements and proactively influencing the design teams to ensure the end product meets all of the IC requirements. Starting from the design phase, you will proactively steer availability improvements, and risks and costs reduction.
The Diagnostics Architect has the responsibility to work with the Functional Clusters (FCs) to cascade the specifications for Source/System level down for each function and work with functions to incorporate diagnostics into the design and validate the solutions during the design & integration phases that we can achieve the requirements in conjunction with System Engineering (SE) and System Integration (SI).
- Contribute to the SPS/SDS on Availability
- Secure and drive product availability specificationsin order to meet high level industrialization requirements (MTBI/MTTR/Diagnostics/Reliability/Labor)
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance ofAvailability Matrix (AVM)
- Lead the availability technical risk assessment &risk burndown with focus on diagnostics.
- Close the feedback loop for availability fromspecifications (SDS) via design (AVAS/DDF) to actuals (execution) and back.
- Contribute to the Availability/MTTR waterfalls.
- Keep the diagnostics contents and strategy alignedwith all stakeholders (SE, Industrialization MDO & PL, SystemIntegration, CS, PCM, PDM)
- Drive and constantly enhance technical alignmentbetween System Engineering, Availability & Sequence architects,functional clusters, customer support, EUV Factory and Program Management
Education and experience
Requires a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Optical, Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied or Physics or related technical degree. Minimum of 4 years of experience required with BS degree.
MS in Optical, Electrical, Mechanical or Software Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied or Physics or related technical degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years of experience required with MS degree.
Product development experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data,and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advancedunderstanding of internal and external customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projectand electronic e-mail systems.
- Excellentinterpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate,mentor, and lead team resources.
- Broader technicalknowledge in one of the cluster disciplines, and experience to be able tocommunicate effectively with the engineering teams, and to check/reviewtheir plans and progress.
- Excellentorganizational, reasoning, and motivational skills.
- Ability toadapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate productdevelopment.
- Excellentdecision making skills and business judgment.
- Understandingof escalation management.
- Ability todefine and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Good communicative skills
- Persuasive towards stakeholders
- Stakeholder management interactions
- PL & MDO Industrialization
- PL System Integration
- System Engineering (SE)
- D&E Functional Architects /Projects
- EUV factory project and line management
- Customer Support project and linemanagement
- Program Office
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- While performingthe duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk;talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop,kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to movearound the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move upto 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate intemperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situationsand interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $105,375 - $175,625. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.