In a nutshell
Other non-technical backgrounds
The Financial Controller is responsible for the accounting, analysis and reporting related to the activities of the respective Financial Services department (Sales, Customer Service, Inventory & Manufacturing, General, Consolidation & Statutory accounting, Tax/Treasury).
In the fast-growing working environment at ASML, it is key to align with a lot of stakeholders to ensure proper external and managerial reporting. You will work in a dynamic and international oriented environment with tight deadlines and direct impact on ASML’s financial results. We can offer you a position with a variety of growth opportunities within ASML.
The focus of the Financial Controller position is on executing and optimizing the accounting and reporting processes of the respective business activities in an effective and efficient way in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure proper and timely accounting of business transactions and maintain, analyze and support related balance sheet positions;
- Develop and demonstrate strong understanding of the respective end-to-end processes, and support business counterparts within the Sectors, Business Lines, Business Control, etc. with analyses and first time right reporting;
- Execution and improvement of our internal control framework and SOX controls for the applicable processes;
- Identify and support improvement initiatives in the respective area of accounting and processes, for instance by driving standardization, simplification and automation;
- Ensure proper and timely internal and external reporting in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS;
- Act as a representative with other colleagues for the worldwide consolidated and local statutory audits;
Academic degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Economics.
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience, preferably within a finance role;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP & IFRS;
- Knowledge of LEAN;
- Affinity with internal controls, SOx, reporting, data analytics and continuous monitoring;
- Affinity with end-to-end process optimization;
- Experience with SAP ECC is a pre;
- Experience with reporting tools such as Spotfire and RPA is a pre.
- Committed and flexible (go the extra mile)
- Proactive / hands-on attitude
- Good communicative skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Accurate and compliance-minded
- Fluent in English
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding
Context of the position
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is as follows:
Add value to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level.
To achieve this, we will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
The Financial Services department is part of the CFO organization of ASML.