You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Group Lead for Electronics (Power) Cabinets
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines critical to the production of integrated circuits. ASML utilizes cutting edge technology – optics, robotics, lasers, as well as leading edge electronics to realize this equipment.ASML's corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, where we maintain research, development, and product manufacturing.
The EL Architecture and Platforms (A&P) department is part of the EDev cluster in D&E, Veldhoven.TheEL A&P department develops solutions used across designs in ASML’s products.These solutions include common power platforms for the different business lines, design methodology, power modules and cabinets, generic FPGA designs and electrical safety.
Role and responsibilities
ASML is seeking an accomplished, experienced manager to lead the Power Electronics Cabinet Group.This position is based within the sector Development & Engineering at ASML Veldhoven and reports directly to the Department Manager for the DE EL Architecture and Platform department. The Power Electronics group is the one stop shop for all ASML power amplifiers and power supply products with end to end responsibility for quality, Cost of Goods (CoG) and Life Cycle Management (LCM)
The group is responsible for Electronics Competence & Expertise team supporting ASML in Power Electronics, E-Cooling and Power supplies.The Power Cabinet group delivers expertise and facilitates measurements on Power Electronics, E-cooling and cabinet configurations for ASML products.
The Group Lead position requires to lead a group of talented individuals. Specifically, this leadership position focus on developing people towards achieving the priorities for the department. Along with people development, proper management of resources (internal and external) in alignment with business requests.
- Organizing and leading a group (>30 people) of engineers and technicians in a culturally diverse, professional environment including strong individual performance management and development;
- Ownership of the technical and cost performance, quality, and reliability of all functional electronics hardware, firmware, and test equipment developed by and for the Power Electronics Cabinet Group;
- Resource management including hiring and training high quality talented engineers and technicians;Employee performance management including periodic performance reviews, personal improvement actions, employee coaching / mentoring, personal development planning;Assisting / supporting your employees to realize their career goals;
- Project planning support and execution to assure timeliness and quality of deliverables including scope validation, project / program staffing and resource planning; resource allocation, risk management within your domain;Develop and maintain key relationships with your peers, with the Project Managers,Program Development Managers and Architect (3IB management);
- Identification and development of qualified external organizations for sustaining co-development relationships;
- Effective leveraging of the complementary skills and capabilities of your team;
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement model of the group including KPI developing, team performance benchmarking;
- Develop and maintain a learning environment – maintain and track lessons learned;
- Strategic planning for the group including emerging technological or resource gap assessments, development and execution of hiring plans;
Education and experience
- M.S. Electrical & Electronics Engineering or related engineering degree
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints;High energy, high level of dedication;
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions;
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups; lead a team; be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule;
- Self-motivated individual able to conduct work with minimal supervision;
- Fluent in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.