You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Supplier Quality Engineer - Optics
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will focus primarily on Mechanical with Electrical support components which are used in the EUV Source. The SQE partners internally and with our suppliers to proactively realize parts with zero supplier quality issues. This is achieved by ensuring that our designs are optimized by involving those who will manufacture it, and validating the supplier manufacturing/qualification processes.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer at ASML San Diego, you will work closely with Design Engineering and cross-functional teams across ASML to ensure our suppliers are enabled to meet product specifications and quality requirements. You are a key player in ensuring success for ASML products and quality to our customers. Our SQE's are responsible for deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers such as the Statement of Work (SOW), Technical Product Documentation Acceptance by Supplier, (Proto) Evaluation reports, manufacturing flows, P-FMEA, Test Coverage Documents including SPC and Part Qualification Report
Supplier Quality Engineers are responsible for:
- Technology development, being the single point of contact that coordinates design and development tasks required to build the NPI parts or assemblies to specification at suppliers, may include design co-development.
- Quality, to secure the level of industrialization required to manufacture this part with zero defects in high volume.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Guides new products from the design and development teams to the Suppliers for New product introduction (NPI) builds as wells managing transitions to volume production.
- Secures (NPI) first time right into the ASML factory or customers.
- Defines the complex parts list with Technology Gaps enabling supplier selection with sourcing.
- Generates (SOW) to ensure clear roles and responsibilities between ASML and the supplier, as well as a clear manufacturing plan of record.
- Engages with Development Engineering and our Manufacturing Partners to ensure proper and timely concurrent engineering including Design for: Manufacturability, Test, Cost, Serviceability, etc.
- Defines product qualification strategy in alignment with D&E and Manufacturing Engineering
- Completes Root Cause Analyses to drive Zero HourDefects.
- Implements improvement plans for any quality-related complaints on products/processes from the supplier or customer.
- Arranges and control supplier interface processes, such as issue resolution, root cause analysis, qualification, deviation, ASML factory disturbances.
- Contributes to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements and improvement actions.
Education and experience
- BS Degree or higher in Engineering/Science such as Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Materials and equivalent scientific/engineering discipline and >5 years of relevant experience.
- Quality Certifications are a plus.
- New Product Development – A good understanding of the product development and Industrialization process (including DFM, DFT,DFC, etc.).
- Quality Tools – Proficient in the use of quality tools including: pFMEA, SPC / CPk, 5-Why, MSA, Gauge R&R, Pareto, Ishikawa,8D, Six Sigma Tools.
- Zero Defect -Understand and have a Zero Defect mindset.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications, Industry specific standards (i.e. GD&T, AQC, IPC, MilSpecs, ANSI, ASTM, etc.), and knowledge of change control methods and processes.
- Understanding of how to design Electrical parts to fit into Mechanical assemblies. (Heaters, Cabling, Connectors).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Communication – Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to partner cross-functionally and with suppliers; should be able to negotiate and escalate with tact.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary / hourly range for this role is currently $78,750- $131,250. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.