You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Sr. Portfolio Manager Industrial Corporate Real Estate
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Real Estate, Real Estate, Real Estate
Introduction to the job
The Corporate Real Estate Organization is responsible for the transfer of knowledge and qualification of the ASML infrastructure, installation and buildings. All assets are managed through a life cycle management model.
The portfolio manager is responsible for successful project completion combining ASML business needs, law and regulation, quality demands (e.g. EN/ISO, sustainability, EHS, etc.), risk mitigation and time and budget control.
The portfolio manager reports to the Global Portfolio Manager. ASML business will be the user of the sites, ASML Maintenance & Operations will be responsible for all maintenance. External partners will provide both project management and construction/renovation services.
Role and responsibilities
As part of the management team of Real Estate (RE), the main tasks of the Portfolio Manager are to own and develop the RE masterplan (e.g. Long Term Industrial or Housing Plan, lease portfolio WW), the industrial strategy for our factory locations (Veldhoven, San Diego, San Jose, Wilton, Linkou, Korea and Tainan) and new construction projects in Veldhoven driven by the RE Management Team.
In addition to that, your role also includes the following:
- Align industrial spot plans world wide
- Support RE master plans (strategic analyses)
- Support the RE staff on their functional responsibilities
- Support new construction projects
- Manages the Real Estate world wide database
- Driving technical, complex and multidisciplinary Programs according to the corporate Real Estate (CRE) Building Generation Process (BGP)
- Work closely with the Portfolio managers in the CRE Development & Strategy (REDS) departments to deliver the customer needs (identify & define the best fit for ASML in your Program of Requirements, and arrange needed internal & external resources)
- Secure the daily operation of the Veldhoven production facilities,
- Create and maintain safe, healthy and environmentally secure working conditions
- Put in effort to further develop our BGP process by learning on the job during your projects
- Translate priorities and strategic objectives into project initiation document and project plan
- Manage, monitor and report on the program and or subprojects budget progress and projections/forecasts and consolidates all project related financial issues. Ensure financial accountability according to ASML policies.
- Manage, monitor and report on the projects scope and quality specifications and consolidates all project related quality issues. Including but not limited to: client demands, technical demands, law & legislation, other defined specifications.
- Manage, monitor and report on the progress and consolidates all project related progress issues.
- Manage, monitor and report on the projects risk mitigation plan and consolidates all project related deployed mitigation and control measures, occurred safety incidents, risk and incident analysis.
- Define all relevant stakeholders for the project, deploys suitable stakeholder management including a suitable governance and meeting structure and communication plan.
- Secure alignment to standards of ASML including but not limited to: program and project management approach, safety, security, quality, financial management, risk management, etc.
- Define, manage, monitor and report on dependencies on and interfaces with other projects and secures optimal alignment.
- Selection, deployment, facilitation and management of project manager(s), project management support (consultants) and contractors.
Education and experience
Relevant bachelor and/or master degree eg. (Technical) Business Administration, Asset Management, Engineering
- Min. 5-7 years of relevant work experience; large construction/renovation projects in international high tech production (preferred cleanroom) environments;
- Good relational skills, capable of handling cultural and political barriers;
- Ability to work and network ranging from senior management to technical professionals to construction workers;
- General knowledge of relevant quality standards and legislation (e.g. EN/ISO, sustainability, ‘Bouwbesluit’, etc.);
- Fluent verbally and in writing in English and Dutch;
- Understands the implications of different (technical) choices and is able to direct to the best solution.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strategic focus (helicopter view)
- Team player, discipline, focus,flexible, pro-active and communicative personality who is able to act in a highly demanding and volatile technological environment
- Ability to handle multiple requests and work on management and operational level
- Analytical skills
- Ability to accurately complete task assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner
- Trustworthy and flexible
- Creative in solving problems
- Result driven
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please make sure to apply with a dedicated cover letter and recent resume
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.