You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Software Engineering & Computer Science – Early Career Program
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Software engineers and Java developers at ASML create software crucial to the development of next-generation microchips. People often refer to ASML lithography systems as ‘the most complex machines in the world’, and these unique machines need unique software engineering solutions. There are no borrowed patterns or published designs to use: every line of code is a result of technical conversations and brainstorming between colleagues with diverse engineering backgrounds.
The work of our software engineers and developers combines extreme complexity and large volumes of data to find solutions to correct nanometer-sized inaccuracies in our machines and the chipmaking process. Are you up for the challenge? We have multiple vacancies open!By applying through our program and based on your background and preferences, you will be considered for our software engineer and Java developer roles.
Role and responsibilities
Without our software solutions, it would be impossible for chipmakers to manufacture increasingly advanced and energy-efficient chips. You and your team are responsible for requirement engineering, design, implementation, testing and integration. Each team consists of software development engineers, tester, functional experts, product owner and scrum master. You will provide software solutions that enable us to optimize the chip manufacturing process and to create products that meet our customer needs within the agreed quality, costs and timing boundaries.
You will join more than 3,000 software engineers who create solutions that allow us to run, measure and optimize our lithography machines and to streamline chipmakers’ manufacturing processes. Together, you can help our customers achieve the highest yield and best performance in mass production.
Our program does not offer job rotation, you will be hired in a full-time paid job as an (embedded) software engineer or a Java developer. Here, you will:
- Work in a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever-increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology.
- You will be responsible for creating clear specifications, making efficient design choices and implementing the design.
- Use Agile methodology to develop the software.
- You will be responsible for writing clean and highly functional code.
- You will design, analyze, document and test the required software specifications.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary environment, involving physics, mechatronics, electronics, customer support and factory departments.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded Systems or related.
- You completed your education less than 12 months ago or you will graduate before the start of the program.
- Maximum of 12 months of relevant working experience
- Experience with C, C++, and/or Java
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile (SAFe) methodology is highly preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills
- Have a problem-solving mindset and can-do mentality
- Ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines
- Ability to take ownership and focus on results
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and improvements
- Fluency in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We offer you:
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the intention of an indefinite contract after the first year
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes: a competitive salary, 40 days paid leave, 13th month payment, 8% holiday allowance, pension plan, commuting allowance
- Safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- One-year training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A close network of other early career employees and colleagues
- Application: Apply before Tuesday, May 30th, 2023 at 23:59h. We will inform you if your application has been selected for the first round of the selection process within one week from the application deadline.
- Video interview: If you are selected, you will be invited to record your answers to a few pre-determined questions and a software test.
- Selection day: If you are chosen, you will be invited for an online selection day on July 5th.
- Job offer: A few days after the selection day, we’ll inform you if you’ve been chosen to receive a job offer.
- Starting date: the (preferred) starting date of the program will be August or September 2023.
U.S. controlled technology
Please note that these positions require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions, please send us an email at [email protected]