You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Customer Supply Chain Specialist/Material Planner
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
N. Phoenix - AZ, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
Role and responsibilities
- Respond to and process incoming emergency parts orders from various US locals.
- Enter and execute administrative controls in the SAP system.
- Communicate directly with internal customers to ensure that their needs are understood, communicated and fulfilled.
- Monitor and follow up with daily escalations through technical support.
- Process sales orders via OMD as required.
Planning and Field Support:
- Main contact for the local CS Service organization.
- Assist in the replenishment and allocation of parts throughout the US.
- Analyze and review usage of local service and sales parts based on historical data and/or projected requirements.
- Optimize spare part and tool planning mechanism in the US, completing analysis on all platforms.
- Monitor critical parts and ensure effective coverage.
- Manage complex upgrades for the local field office in conjunction with VHV SCM, CS and 3PL supplier in regards to delivery schedules and planning.
- Provide back up support for all US Field location offices.
- Ensure DTWP and fill rate targets are met; NAV’s are analyzed for root causes and corrective actions.
- Secure relevant performance reporting to stakeholders.
- Align with local CS and Account Team on total demand plan (Service, FCO’s, Install, UF) and matching supply plan on different planning horizons (short-medium-long); includes specifics on NPI’s, such as definition and release status.
- Improve cooperation between local and central logistics covering volume and NPI’s.
- Improve customer intimacy within the local organization.
- Understand CS local operations and work in conjunction to improve.
- Meet with and provide complex reports to the external customer.
Education and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Engineering or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience.
- Preferable Master's degree.
- 5-10 years of relevant field experience in a complex customer oriented (logistics) environment.
- Experience in building a good relationship with customers in supporting their needs; In this position to support our machines at our customer sites, being a key member of Service Operation team to support uptime of our machines at our customer.
- Knowledge of business complexity, supply chain and/or relevant industry.
- Experience in defining and implementing of new processes across the supply chain against agreed costs, proven record on (continuous) improvement-projects.
- Know how about Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of ASML logistics procedures is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Analytical and able to organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent social and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Service minded and customer dedicated.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Team player with a pro-active attitude, flexible and highly committed.
- Able to handle and work under extreme pressures and timelines.
- Remain flexible in providing after hours support, as needed.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Phoenix office: ASML USA, location still to be determined.
- In this position is reporting to the CSCM Site manager Phoenix, Lennart van de Winkel, located in the North Phoenix office.
- Geographic primary responsibilities: Phoenix (AZ).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.