You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Supplier Quality Engineer - Pellicle Membrane
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
ASML is constantly pushing the limits of technology into areas where nobody has gone before.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products. The department Defectivity, within Machine Conditioning cluster, is responsible for creating the perfect environment for the reticle, wafer and optical column, part of the EUV path in vacuum. The pellicle is a highly advanced thin film technology designed to protect the reticle and is one of the challenging projects that demands excellent collaboration between supplier and the design experts from ASML to get the required quality and, therefore, close supplier quality interface within the D&E project team.
Role and responsibilities
- Integral part of the module development project within D&E project team, interfacing with project leaders, design engineers, architects, logistics, procurement, suppliers and partners.
- Use of technical knowledge and interest in competences such as thin film technology, chemistry, materials science, process engineering.
- Secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are in-line by educating and sharing knowledge with the supplier.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, but also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier and ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier development.
- Deliverables that secure Supplier Parts Quality in ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification by the supplier.
- Parts qualification process.
- Process flow and process FMEA.
- Qualification deviation.
- Configuration & change management, statistical process control.
Education and experience
MSc degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.Having a green or black belt certificate is a pre.
- Minimum 5 or more years' experience in high tech industry with focus of supplier quality management and/or process integration.
- Theoretical and practical experience in thin film technologies.
- Takes the lead in organizing the full way of working around supplier parts quality:
qualification, process, problem solving, organizational alignment.
- Is a team player with strong communication skills, especially when it comes to building a solid network within ASML and externally.
- Uses the technical knowledge to address the job technical requirements but also to engage stakeholders and broaden the network.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to switch between complex technical concepts to high-level conclusions.
- Able to perform in a highly dynamic environment.
- Willing to travel upto 30% of the time.
- Fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.