You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Mechanical Lead Engineer (Manufacturing and Service Tooling)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your technical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job as Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take ownership of the specification, design and qualification of precision mechanical tools, enabling manufacturing, qualification and field service of ASML modules. The Lead Engineer reports to the group leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
Role and responsibilities
As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision mechanical tooling, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical solution. You work within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers in your team. You interface cross project with lead engineers, architects and system engineers.
- Set-up specifications wrt tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Create and validate new concepts; make sure there is consensus with stakeholders.
- Responsible for applying the correct construction principles and complying to competence standards.
- Prepare and commit to planning for tooling, matching the project needs, while taking into account the team capacity
- Technical leader to define the solution, guiding several engineers, managing stakeholders and suppliers.
- Responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards production.
- Establish supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability, assembly and cost of goods.
- Define and execute qualification tests, verifying the tooling performance compared to the specifications.
- Work with (external) co-developers for timely project deliverables according to ASML quality standards.
Education and experience
- Bachelor+, Master or PhD degree in Mechanical engineering
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Track record of applying precision mechanical construction principles and generating new designs and technical concepts, in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers.
- Highly effective in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX) and product lifecycle management (preferable Teamcenter)
- Experienced in evaluating FEM / mechanical analysis results. Optional: Experienced in working with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills (English).
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design, being a problem solver.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude and can-do mentality.
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information and aligning with multiple level stakeholders.
- Influence without power.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out). Easily can determine priorities and main risks.
- Eager to drive own development.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multi-disciplinary, multi-nationality teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
- Opportunity to work with an experienced team on a broad set of manufacturing tools, bringing industrialization to the next level.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Development the group Manufacturing and Service Tooling is responsible for the specification, engineering and qualification of tooling that is required for manufacturing and servicing of ASML modules (enabling e.g. precision adjustments, qualification, etc).
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, etc.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.