30+ days ago - req6506
D&E - Electronic Design Engineer - Linkou
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Delivering the technical solutions requires not only the knowledge/experience, but also teamwork, organizational, and communication skills. If you are experienced developer and would like to
- Prove you are highly talented and ready to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Enjoy the challenge/problem solving of complex issues in multi-dimensional cause.
- Make a difference to efficiency and profitability of ASML by performing the engineering change through the product life cycle.
- Make your work to have a global impact.
Then, you shall fulfill the position of “MPS Design Engineer”. This is your chance to work in a multinational environment that also provides you complex technical and challenges. Furthermore, co-work with us to extend the PAS5500 product life cycle to 2030.
- Contribute to the development of the PAS5500 product line by re-designing, creating and testing sub-systems, within the restrictions imposed on system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
- Manage the Development Projects by co-working with Internal/External stakeholders and integrate the solutions into PAS5500 systems.
- Lead the electronic aspects related to repairs and refurbishment of PAS systems and trouble shooting, resulting in both quick fixes and structural solutions.
- Develop and implement the mechatronic aspects of customer specials in close cooperation within the multidisciplinary team.
- Support the Manufacturing and Customer Support organization to meet the output and quality requirements and high end trouble shooting.
- Introduce the Engineering Change to Manufacturing and Customer Support organization and also support the Supplier to meet the output and quality requirements.
- Responsible for the technical product documentation using 3D modeling, BOM structures, archive in order to unambiguously explain the design to suppliers.
- Specify, re-design, replace critical components, integrate, qualify and optimize all the electronic aspects of the PAS 5500 modules in order to meet the system performance.
- Co-design and integrate test equipment and responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Fulfill a technology bridging position between ASML headquarter & Taiwan & US and between the (new) suppliers in Asia and ASML.
- Ensure Electronics development & quality within multidisciplinary teams: responsible for the electronic content on Architectural till component level (Analog, Digital, Power for PCBA’s, Cables, Sensors, Racks ,Cabinets, Active & Passive electronic components)
- Solve End of Life & Product & Design issues on electrical products. Since part of the actual design is outsourced, your tasks include to define requirements, review detailed designs and integration and qualification of functional performance on both part and (sub-) system level
- Follow up MPS way of working, meanwhile associate with ASML headquarter to update current workstream by latest PGP and DE handbook if necessary.
- Bachelor/ Master degree in Engineering with >5 years of working experience in technical areas and project management experience
- Some years’ experience with logical/digital/sequential circuit and MCU/CPU/ASIC on PCBA design in a multi-disciplinary environment (equipment like measurement tools, positioning systems, multi-disciplinary assemblies, handling systems) international standards & human and machine safety. Also, familiar with firmware & hardware description language development.
- Experience in Quality & Efficiency improvement projects in both the production - and development environment are an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of CAD tools (Autocad,Unigraphics (Siemens NX), DxDesigner/xDX Designer and Team-center) & SAP/Oracle is a preferred.
- Ability to identify root causes and develop/drive solutions.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Team player able to convince others with different cultural backgrounds.
- Self-driven, pro-active, hands-on and get-it-done mentality based on technical arguments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people from all levels in a professional manner.
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Analytical, procedural, accurate and independent way of working.
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Ability to think out-of-the-box
- Good English and Mandarin language skills.
Context of the position
Business Line Mature Products and Services is responsible for the entire installed base of PAS5500 steppers and scanners.
Within BL MPS, Design & Engineering deliver the structural solution to supports PAS5500 installed base by providing refurbished systems, upgrades, spare-parts and service to our customers.
To extend the support of the PAS5500 to 2030 and possibly longer, BL MPS do strongly need a sustainability of the PAS5500 electronics. The position we are looking for is an electronics engineer to coordinate the redesigns and perform the integration into PAS5500 installed base and solve field/factory escalations efficiently.