Global Support Center North America Team Leader
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Customer Support, Project Management
Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Do you like to make things happen at ASML? Are you a people manager who wants a challenge with a worldwide scope? Then this position might be very interesting for you.
The Customer Service Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of ASML products at our customers’ sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Service organizations (CS Field) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The Global Support Center (GSC) is responsible for providing technical support to the local CS organizations in order to maximize ASML product performance.
The Global Support Center EUV-Scanner Team Manager (North America) is highly visible within ASML (CS, Business line EUV, and D&E organization). You will lead a team of ~15 technical experts. It will be your challenge to grow your team to be able to respond very fast on problems which occur at customer site. The main challenge will be to keep their knowledge aligned with the new products ASML continuously introduces in the field. Since your team is working in Veldhoven close to our colleagues of development and engineering your team will have a role to drive resolution of issue’s which our colleagues in GSC Asia and North America could not solve. Since your team is close to the experts of development and engineering there is a lot of focus on gathering knowledge which they need to cascade to the field.
The role of GSC group leader is not easy. It is a challenging and fast-paced job. It is also an excellent opportunity to advance your personal and career development and to gain the respect and trust of your >2000 colleagues in the CS field organization.
As a member of the GSC NA Staff you will have an opportunity to set the direction of the Global Support Center and also influence the service organization as a whole. The ASML Customer Service Organization handles several thousand technical issues per month. The Global Support Center provides technical support for the ~5% of issues that cannot be handled independently by the local service organizations.
The Group leader, Global Support Center is responsible for line management of a team of technical experts (10-15 FTE). This includes:
·Team management:Responsible for team and people development: coaching, appraising, correcting, commending, hiring, developing and career guiding. Responsible for the planning, coordination, realization, and prioritization of operational activities of your team (call handling, escalation management, IRP, knowledge proliferation, onsite support etc.).Create cultural awareness and aligned expectations between local CS organizations (your customers), other GSC teams (your colleagues), and your Veldhoven-team (your people) in order to optimize communication and cooperation.Manage knowledge level of your team such that it matches support demand and stays in sync with New Product Introduction (NPI).Drive the team to pro-actively proliferate knowledge towards Field Support and continental GSC teams.
·Progress management/organization:Act as the point of escalation for field operations where satisfactory support or progress is not being achieved.Support continental GSC manager in creating, adapting and driving the infrastructure and processes to secure adequate quality of GSC support.Organize/maintain WW GSC interface to 4th line (D&E, IE, manufacturing, supplier, etc.) and ABS.
- BS or Master degree in engineering discipline (i.e. Mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- 2+ years’ work experience as a Technical Team Lead and/or Project Leader experience is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years’ work experience in a customer-facing role dealing with customer issues/escalations and bringing them to successful resolution. Creating a win-win.
- Experience in managing escalations and (internal) customer communication.
- Experience within the ASML organization, specifically with Operations and/or D&E.
- Knowledge of ASML products on a technical level is preferred.
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, optics, software, semiconductor processes, and related disciplines.
- Position will include occasional traveling (~10%).
- Willingness and desire to be part of something amazing at ASML!
We are looking for an “entrepreneur” with a high level of personal ownership, initiative and drive. You should be capable of influencing people without formal authority, also at higher management levels. You and your team will be working on business-critical issues so you need to be able to keep focus on the big picture and take difficult decisions under high pressure. You will be a key interface between the ASML headquarters and the field organization (field offices and continental GSC’s) so strong multi-cultural communication skills are a must. Furthermore we need a customer oriented team player who makes sure that the team deliveries are in line with our customer’s needs. To be able to do so it will be important to plan and prioritize the influx of work.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.