Senior Project Manager - New Product Introduction (NPI) Customer Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Customer Support, Customer Support, Industrial Engineering
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Do you know what engineers in the field need to execute their services? Do you know what it is to introduce a new product into a service organization? Are you able to start executing a project although the scope is not clear? Can you translate risks and issues of missing deliveries into containments? Do you like to interface with many departments and many cultures? Are you able to
influence without power? If so then the role of CS NPI Project Manager is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Within CS the New Product Introduction (NPI) DUV Program Management department manages the introduction of products on XT and NXT into the ASML worldwide service organization. These products range from new technology with critical time-to-market to new services to improve the operational performance for our customers.
The CS NPI Project Manager represents the CS organization in the cross-sectoral Product Team and takes overall ownership of the new product introduction within CS. He/she is responsible for several NPI projects supporting the introduction of new systems to the field. This includes the standard New Product Introduction deliverables as well as the organizational and infrastructure changes required.
- As field representative the CS NPI Project Manager manages that the CS requirements are incorporated in the design and in the development of the Service Mix (Tools, Procedures and Spares)
- Steers a project team of international project leaders; each responsible for a NPI project.
- Make use of the standard Product Generation Process (PGP) and deliver the CS deliverables in the PGP process toward the Product Team.
- Prepare the CS organization; implement aligned manpower blueprints and training plan to ensure site readiness.
- Manages risks and defines mitigation plans and/or containment actions.
- Define and agree on ramp up capabilities.
- Ensure on-time delivery of the required tools, diagnostics and procedures (SMIX) required to upgrade/maintain the system.
- Drive the issue resolution process to reach product performance and cost targets
- Prepare and align the CS input on the PGP Key Decisions.
- Report towards the Product Team and CS Management on product performance, design issues, SMIX and actual operational performance (e.g. availability, XLD’s, upgrade cycle time, costs).
- Organize the handover of new product to the CS sustaining organization.
The CS NPI Project Manager works together with several different groups within ASML: System Engineering, Development & Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Product Management, HVM Service Engineering, Field Factory Upgrade and of course with the Field.
Master’s degree (or Bachelor + relevant experience) in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or other technical studies.
- Extensive project/program management experience (>7 years) in a high-tech equipment industry.
- Engineering experience (>5 years)
- People leadership and influencing skills; able to address project leaders on the subject of the result of their project.
- Strong influencing skills: able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing
- Creative, reduces ambiguity with a focus on (internal) customer requirements
- Strong communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels)
- Goal oriented.
- Capable of conceiving and maintaining ‘global’ overview
Context of the position
The NPI Project Manager reports to the Manager CS NPI DUV Program Management (in Veldhoven).
Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%.
Customer Service, Field, New Product Introduction, Project Management, Service Management, Change Management