Team Lead Laser Light Amplification
In a nutshell
EUV, General Management
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud?Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated (committed, engaged) and skilled teams, where people are proud and enjoy their work? Do you want to contribute by taking the lead and steer one of these teams in the Development and Engineering department Laser Light Creation & Performance ?If so, then you can become our EUV CO2 Laser Team Lead at ASML.
The Laser Light Creation & Performance department is part of the EUV (Extreme Ultra Violet) Business Line in ASML. Its challenge is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify High Power laser systems that make EUV happen. This job requires more than only excellent leadership skills, you also need to have the passion in coaching and growing your team members to help them go to the next level.
Our mission is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify high power laser systems until proven for high volume manufacturing at our customers. As CO2 Laser Team Lead you will be challenged to deliver a significant contribution by managing your team, stakeholders and external suppliers in the development and improvement of these high power lasers which are part of the EUV sources in the Field and Factory machines.
This position is a Team Lead that secures the deliverables of one of the CO2 laser projects within the Laser Light Creation & Performance department. You will directly manage a team of between 5 – 10 design engineers.Your contribution in this challenging and dynamic environment is to :
- Lead and support the CO2 laser team; from strategic team planning, to successful execution and closure.
- Manage stakeholders and supplier via daily reporting and alignment meetings
- Together with the Project Manager, drive and align the resource and technical priorities of the team with all stakeholders, within and outside the EUV Business line, to ensure that all necessary resources, means and methods are in place in a timely manner to enable successful project execution.
- Sets up a team structure that reflects the work content
- Influence product development process and roadmap to meet the critical customer requirements.
- Coach the team members to be successful in their product development role.
- Establish and maintain a positive partnership with the relevant laser supplier.
- Foster effective collaboration across inter disciplined teams through regular project updates and knowledge sharing.
(Technical) University Master’s or Phd in physics, or similar.
- At least 5 years experience in development of complex optical (laser) systems, preferably in the lithography domain
- At least 2 years of successful coaching and leadership experience in managing technical multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Experience preferred in dealing with suppliers and sectors beyond D&E
- Proficient in project execution skills in a dynamic environment
- Successful contributor and effective influencer in the product development process.
- Experience with implementation and troubleshooting of hardware and related performance in the field is a pre-requisite
- Eager to learn, not afraid to take responsibility, ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Stakeholder management skills
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Good balance between people and content/deliverables focus
- Stress resistant and flexible working attitude