Image Processing & Applied Optics (Senior) Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Electrical engineering, Physics, Optics
At ASML we use advanced mathematics and physics to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. If your ambition is to apply your knowledge and skills to very complex challenges and you feel excited when those challenges lead to successful new products, please read further.
This position is open in the YieldStar Algorithms and Image Processing group, which is uniquely positioned between Research and product development and has the task to contribute to the creation of innovative concepts and products for ASML.
Business Line Information
The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology. These solutions extend and improve the performance of lithography products for the semiconductor industry. The position is open in a group that is part of the Development & Engineering (D&E) Division, which is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products.
Within D&E, the group YieldStar Algorithms and Image Processing covers the development of physical, optical and mathematical models and methods required to infer Overlay and Focus from scatterometry data. Relevant new metrics and algorithms, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using the raw acquisitions are identified, designed and implemented. The group is also responsible for contributing to the invention of new ASML products providing state-of-the-art expertise in Applied Optics, Scatterometry, Machine Learning, Mathematical Optimization, Image and Signal Processing.
- Design and realize fully functional proof-of-concept subsystems on the edge of system specifications, costs and project planning, thereby contributing directly to products for customers world-wide;
- Propose physical/optical and mathematical models, image processing algorithms, calibrations which enable and improve semiconductor metrology solutions beyond the optical resolution limit;
- Collaborate with the ASML Research department and on-product applications groups to actively contribute to the invention of new ASML products;
- Contribute to the technical and competence roadmaps for Image & Signal Processing and Scatterometry;
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in your field of expertise;
- Generate patents protecting ASML products;
- Ph.D. or equivalent level of education in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Master-level knowledge or strong affinity and interest in at least one of the following topics: geometric and wave optics, applied electromagnetism, electromagnetic simulations, photonics,microscopy
- Solid experience in image & signal processing, machine learning required
- Ability to explain complex physical models and algorithms in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials;
- Drive creative solutions with the product and customer in mind;
- Decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment;
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with result focus and a ‘can do’ spirit.