Quality Manager Applications
Research & Development
Computer Science & Software Engineering
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Physics, Optics, Computer Science & Software Engineering
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Do you want to contribute by taking the lead and steer Quality within Development & Engineering of the business line Applications? If so, then we're looking forward in meeting you.
The Applications department is responsible for the metrology and performance roadmaps for “on product” applications as part of the litho solutions roadmap. This job requires more than only excellent leadership skills, you also need to have the passion in coaching people to bring quality to the next level together.
Our mission is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify “on product” applications both after development (ADI) and after etch (AEI), like overlay, focus and critical dimensions,being developed in close cooperation with semi-conductor customers and translate the application specific needs to hardware (Yieldstar a.o.) and software product requirements.
As Quality manageryou will be responsible as staff member for the “Quality improvement portfolio” on department level in order to deliver a significant contribution to the business objectives set, by means of the WoW/ tools/ mindset required by managing the changes to create more ownership of - and focus on the quality of our products in its widest sense.
You will be responsible to define, lead and/or participate in quality improvement activities (projects) for the development processes, focused on overall efficiency, effectiveness and operational excellence, embedding the methodologies and reporting thereof. By defining/scoping and driving the project(s), you provide professional, fact based recommendations and drive the initiation, implementation and execution of improvements.
More specifically, your tasks are to:
- Co-define and actively support the vision of business line management and department management;
- Facilitate the deployment of the organizational changes within the department to enhance System Function ownership and implementation of D&E3.0;
- Improve the effectiveness of the relationship with Costumer support and Application Engineering, in a win-win approach: customers need the latest and greatest, we need feedback using customer wafers to optimize applications;
- Educate, coach and mentor others on quality and applying the quality systems provided;
- Manage the quality portfolio from selection to implementation by active participation in the staff: create the momentum and drive change management to create a quality mindset in the daily operation based on a long term strategy and vision
- Manage the tools, methods and processes to drive overall efficiency and effectiveness of the department, supporting line management and the program to meet the targets set;
- Investigate & analyze cross-departmental/ - sectoralquality issues in development, engineering and customer support;
- Lead cross-departmental quality improvement projects and facilitate leverage with quality activities in the rest of ASML;
- Participate in both the department and company wide Quality meetings. In the company wide meetings you'll be representing your department (business line Applications);
- Facilitate and drive function – and competence ownership within the department, safeguarding the links to the wider brief in Applications and beyond;
- Take care that lessons learntand the feedback control loop are implemented, and get embedded in our Way of Working and enhance customer (quality) focus.
Master degree (e.g. Quality Management, Engineering, Science or Business Administration) in technical / technical business area with a background in semiconductor technology/manufacturing.
- At least 10 years of experience in (Quality) project management, preferably in high volume manufacturing and/or development;
- Working knowledge of change management and organizational maturity;
- Experienced in Lean Six Sigma quality methods (black belt and DFSS) is preferred;
- In-depth understanding of product development, design or industrial engineering;
- Track record in quantitative and non-quantitative big data processing and - information and process improvement analysis;
- Deep knowledge of problem solving techniques (8D problem solving method, 5 times why).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills;
- Independently scope, plan, manage, execute and control your project. Drive this project to success and deliver tangible results. Able to work in a very dynamic and customer driven environment and stick to the main quality focus areas;
- Drive to improve reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability for new and existing ASML products and the capability to implement design improvements;
- Effectively interface, interact and communicate with design & engineering projects and operational sectors;
- Problem solver with a pro-active and persistent attitude, hands-on “can do” mentality;
- Entrepreneur to identify related improvement opportunities to improve ASML’s business;
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting;
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.