Customer Support Applications - Senior Overlay Engineer
In a nutshell
Are you a highly qualified expert in semiconductor process technology specialized on overlay, wanting to enhance customer satisfaction and influence new product development? This job enables you to drive your career within ASML.
As a Senior Application Engineer in the Customer Support (CS) Applications Engineering department your main goal will be to have satisfied customers. You will achieve this through proactively providing customized applications solutions and creating RequisitionLocal with ASML products and services that enable our partners’ technology & manufacturing roadmaps. These partners will not just be global ASML customers using ASML machines, but will also be other ASML departments. By leveraging your analytical skills, your knowledge of a manufacturing environment and your network of contacts within ASML, you’ll provide the consultancy services needed to fine tune the equipment and the process in order to obtain maximum performance. Apart from the technical focus, you’ll also be involved in developing junior engineers by actively guiding team members in their technical and soft skill growth.
You’ll be one of the key experts in the application team supporting two major consultancy roles. Firstly, in this position you’ll play a crucial role in the introduction of new products, ensuring delivery of application and customer specific requirements, including educating on-site service/support engineers about ASML’s latest products.
You are liaison to our customers, being able to oversee customer’s technology development from research to volume from an overlay perspective. Simultaneously also having an eye on lithographic imaging or productivity aspects affecting overlay performance. As a highly skilled communicator, you’ll also be responsible for training ASML engineers present at customer sites ensuring that they can provide continued support. Particularly, the introduction of next-generation lithography equipment will pose a significant challenges. The job includes working together with various levels of internal ASML experts, such as Product Development Managers, System Engineers and Projects Leads in Veldhoven, as well as Application Managers in the worldwide field.
Secondly, you’ll lead engineers from the team to satisfy direct customer needs. You’ll steer them to make sure that our systems perform to their maximum capability, enabling customer to achieve their challenging goals. It will also be part of your responsibility to grow junior engineers.
In addition to the responsibilities detailed above, we also expect you to:
• Oversee performance improvement activities with significant business impact in a complex environment in cooperation with customers;
• Translate the results into improvement requirements for ASML’s products, define supplemental or enhanced ways of working, find opportunities for new or superior products driving ASML business;
• Identify potential for revenue generation and promote/evaluate ASML solutions at the customer;
• Contribute your acquired knowledge of customer technology requirements to new development projects;
• Travel internationally (up to 30%) to provide tailor-made support to our customers.
PhD or MSc in Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or a similar engineering degree.
• 4-8 years’ experience at ASML (JG 8-10) with strong background in overlay, alignment, metrology or projection;
• In-depth knowledge on optimizing overlay, i.a. on areas like on-product overlay, wafer-alignment, process control, lens heating impact on overlay, metrology sequence impact on overlay, etc.;
• Strong affinity to sharing knowledge and to coaching junior engineers;
• Preferably with experience in supporting readiness of a next technology node for high volume manufacturing including experience in customer interaction or customer service role.
• Combine leadership with excellent investigative and analytical skills to deliver timely and high-quality solutions;
• Strong focus on customer intimacy and ability to manage customer relationships;
• Able to build/strengthen network within ASML HQ and throughout the worldwide CS organization;
• Fast learner and reacting adequately to new situations and changing demands;
• Empower team members by respecting and valuing them, sharing relevant information via open dialogue;
• The ability to organize, initiate and drive, and influence based on inspiration, motivation and expertise;
• The ability to clearly communicate your tailor-made message to various audiences in spoken and written English.
Context of the position
You will be based in ASML HQ in the Netherlands and from there you will support our colleagues worldwide. ASML’s CS sector ensures that ASML’s customers are supported efficiently by providing knowledge/technical services to on-site personnel in countries such as USA, South Korea and Taiwan and undertaking specialist engineering work at customer sites. Within CS the Applications Engineering department supports the effective use of ASML machines in the customer’s production process.
As an Application Engineer, you will report directly to one of the CS Applications Engineering department group leaders.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete and recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the mentioned documents. Applications sent by email can’t be processed.